Best option

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Selenasue17

Reaction score
I have a very pregnant guppy- debating on putting her in a 3 way isolation nursery tank or leave her be and just add floating plants for the babies. We have a lot of guppies, a few serpae tetras and Mollyā€™s.. just donā€™t want them to eat all the babies.

The serpaes will eat the babies and Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t shredded the guppies already
Honestly i think they have. There is 2 i couldnā€™t find anywhere and was trying to figure out which fish was making them disappear so we are gonna move them to a different tank lol

Serpaes have the reputation of being just about the nippiest tetra in the hobby. Guppies' long tails will be irresistible to them. I would keep serpaes in a tank on their own.

Serpaes have the reputation of being just about the nippiest tetra in the hobby. Guppies' long tails will be irresistible to them. I would keep serpaes in a tank on their own.
^^ This ^^

Serpae do not make the best community fish, to put it mildly....they're usually best kept alone, in a large enough group to spread out the aggression...if you only have a few, I would try to rehome them...then the pregger guppy can just stay where she's at, most if not all of the fry will be fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back