Best option

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Selenasue17

Reaction score
I have a very pregnant guppy- debating on putting her in a 3 way isolation nursery tank or leave her be and just add floating plants for the babies. We have a lot of guppies, a few serpae tetras and Mollyā€™s.. just donā€™t want them to eat all the babies.

The serpaes will eat the babies and Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t shredded the guppies already
Honestly i think they have. There is 2 i couldnā€™t find anywhere and was trying to figure out which fish was making them disappear so we are gonna move them to a different tank lol

Serpaes have the reputation of being just about the nippiest tetra in the hobby. Guppies' long tails will be irresistible to them. I would keep serpaes in a tank on their own.

Serpaes have the reputation of being just about the nippiest tetra in the hobby. Guppies' long tails will be irresistible to them. I would keep serpaes in a tank on their own.
^^ This ^^

Serpae do not make the best community fish, to put it mildly....they're usually best kept alone, in a large enough group to spread out the aggression...if you only have a few, I would try to rehome them...then the pregger guppy can just stay where she's at, most if not all of the fry will be fine

Most reactions

Back