Best live plant for a 25 litre tank with mollies and platties

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Adascalu

Reaction score
Hello!

Could anyone please suggest any live plant that would be good for a 25 litre tank with 2 mollies and 2 platties? I do not have any CO2 system and have a substrate made of small stones, so I would like a plant that is hardy and does not need much.

Anubias nana, Crypts and Java fern are good choices I would say.

Liveberers require moderately hard or harder water, and this suits Vallisneria species so they are often good choices; I'm assuming your water is moderately hard or harder with a pH above 7. The smaller corkscrew Vallisneria will reach 6-9 inches or so, and spread by runners, so before long you will have a nice thicket that can be thinned out as you like.

You do have a pending issue though, if this tank is actually only 25 liters (6 gallons). Mollies need a very much larger tank, and plateis will too. Mollies can attain 4-6 inches and they produce a fair bit of waste which affects water quality and this too requires a larger volume tank.

Have you got alight on the tank?

Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is my preferred choice for livebearers because it floats and has lots of branches and roots for the babies to hide in. You can also plant it in the substrate and it grows into a lovely light green shrub.

And get a bigger tank for the mollies if you can. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back