Best Fish Stores In Vancouver Bc Canada

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DJ Fresh

Reaction score
Hey. I want to check out the fish stores in Vancouver BC Canada. What are the faves? What are the ones I shouldn't go to?

DJ Fresh 8)

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/travel...folk_VAS_I.html

a link to pet stores in vancouver, I tend to go to a few of them for differnt things.
I like Pet Boutique in north vancouver for good cheap healthy stem plants (3 nice big clumps usually about 10 to 15 strands per clump for $15).

Rain forest pet spectrum on hastings for shrimp and plants, he has lots of nice cherries and crystal reds and keeps his plant tanks nice and clean, his plants tend to be on the pricy side, but has nice selection at times and as I said they are clean.

King Ed pets on kingsway burnaby newwestish border area of kingsway, they have SO MUCH stuff there, and tanks etc are dirt cheap. I have seen 30x30x24 deep cubes for 149 and 72 gallon bowfronts for 199 etc. They also have lots of plants and tons of different fish and a few nice show tanks for plants. But they are not the cleanest, they seem to go off the it will sell fast before it dies end of things. I keep my eye on them for plants and shrimp and get em as they come in and are fresh hehe.

Big Als I go to at times mainly to take my kid to see the sharks in there 2000G tank. They also have some tropica plants and a few tanks of random plants. And nice stock of supplies, not the cheapest though.

Aquariums West on burrard is also very nice and clean with nice plants.

There are a few on that list I linked that suck like Petcetera, and the noahs in north van is awful, its a algae pit on everything in there tanks.

I live in Maple Ridge, and I get alot of my stuff from Big Al's in Burnaby/Coquitlam. I also buy fish from a local fish store called Great White, as he takes very good care of his fish and tanks. I've never been to King Ed pets, but I might go in there this weekend.

Thanks so much for your replies!! The only thing I was worried about is if a couple people just posted about the fish stores they owned ;) That would be easy advertising, eh? I'll check these out with my bro-in-law.

peace.

Ahh so you go to the one on North road (big als that is), my kid loves that shark tank in the back of that one. And I personally don't own a fish store hehe, would be fun though. And ya if your looking for dirt cheap with tons of selection king ed is amazing, but as I said not the cleanest of the vancouver fish stores, but still can't be passed up. I personally live in Squamish, and there is only one fish store here, really small but has pretty decent prices. For some things they are cheaper then vancouver, mainly fish and plants, but there selection of plants is on the low side. And hardware wise vancouver is far cheaper, with king ed being the cheapest by far , you have to go downstairs for the plants and fish, and the bulk of the tanks etc, some are out back too, that is also were they keep alot of the rocks etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back