Best fish for 35 liter tank-completed-Dont reply no more-

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Big Boy Fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
See im wanting a new tank not to repace but to have more fish i have a 40x35cm gap and the tank i have in mind is 35x35. Ive started saving money 20£ a week. Im looking for something unique(basically oddballs) i dont mind if the fish cant go with others or a mini community.
Anyways thats it. Thank you if you can help.

I don't know what the height is, I guess 30cm? You might already have some, but the only plural thing I personally would put in a tank that small is shrimp. The smaller the tank, the less forgiving with parameters and in a planted tank shrimp almost clean up after themselves! I love my shrimp colony's though, the red cherry's especially spend a fair amount of their time out on the plants feeding rather than hidden away, they need minimal swimming space, leaving plenty of space for plants!

Edit: I think any leaf fish would get too big, plenty of people put a single betta or pea puffer in something smaller though, maybe a bumble bee Gobi.

I have tiny cory fry in a lunchbox, so maybe post is hypocritical, but my feeling is long term most other shoaling fish would want more space or need more tank mates.

I'm also sure someone else will have better suggestion though, just wanted to put my vote in for shrimp because they were what got me into keeping fish. :D

Last edited:
I don't know what the height is, I guess 30cm? You might already have some, but the only plural thing I personally would put in a tank that small is shrimp. The smaller the tank, the less forgiving with parameters and in a planted tank shrimp almost clean up after themselves! I love my shrimp colony's though, the red cherry's especially spend a fair amount of their time out on the plants feeding rather than hidden away, they need minimal swimming space, leaving plenty of space for plants!

Although plenty of people put a single betta in something smaller.

I have fry in a lunchbox, but my feeling is long term most other fish would want more space or need tank mates.

I'm also sure someone else will have better suggestion though, just wanted to put my vote in for shrimp because they were what got me into keeping fish. :D
Im no shrimp guy, i sorta feed them to my oscar

Too small for a lot of oddballs - the Dwarf Puffer above could be an option but they are shoaling fish really so need to be in a group rather than a single specimen. The leaf fish will be way too big, though they don't move much, you still need to consider just how small this tank is.

You need to be looking at nano fish and considering things like Badis or Dario species - Black Tiger Badis are awesome little fish.

Wills

Im no shrimp guy, i sorta feed them to my oscar

Makes no difference! I love my pet shrimp colony in my tank, and carefully rescue every tiny shrimplet from the bucket when I do a water change. But hasn't stopped me from loving eating prawns... so long as I think of the live ones as shrimp, and the food as prawns, I can do it just fine ;)

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?

This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Makes no difference! I love my pet shrimp colony in my tank, and carefully rescue every tiny shrimplet from the bucket when I do a water change. But hasn't stopped me from loving eating prawns... so long as I think of the live ones as shrimp, and the food as prawns, I can do it just fine ;)
Couldn't eat Prawns, I don't eat anything with eyes cept potatoes! Totally agree about loving/ saving the shrimplets though! 👍

Wild Bettas?A pair of Albimarginata or Channoides maybe? Or maybe a pair of Bettas from the Coccina complex.

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?

This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something general hardness
This is my tap water, general hardness is 14, ph is 7.6, carbonate hardness us 10 and nitrate is 10.

This is the tank im planning on getting Screenshot_20220803-192911_Chrome.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back