Best Dithers And Target Fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Danios they are hardy and fast lol and they don't realy post a threat to fry because they stay near the surface.

are you just wanting to keeo the american theme? if so pencil fish, small headstanders and ofcourse tetras, i went fir rosys but there is a tetra so suit all needs, congos work well, if you are not bothered about the region then danios, rainbows, bitterlings, barbs even guppies, mollies and olatys can be used dependent on what cichlid, ofcourse there are other dithers but these are the most common your likely to encounter in a lfs.

Ive heard giant danios are good dithers for cichlid like convicts.

For large or aggressive cichlids I use silver dollars. Small or peaceful, I just use other community type fish.

I use black ruby barbs in mine. They look good and seem to distract the others. Oh and they seem to be able to stick up for themselves if needed!

colombian tetras are a good strong fish that can take a bit of crap from smaller cichlids.

what cichlids do you have?

I'm getting 8/10 Tiger barbs for in with my Firemouth :)

Should be good :good:

Are you getting a mixture of different colours / breeds, or just the standard?

Is that to me fishprotector?

Im just getting the normal black and gold tigers.

Gaz

Sorry, yes it was for you gaz. Ah I like large shoals of those, should be nice.

Well I was lookin at Serpae teta or cherry barb due to the aggressive nature of the tigers but I think a shoal of 8-10 should keep the aggression between them and also will look quite stunning.

Just going to have an RTB, Firemouth and couple of BN plecos in there.

Gaz

Yeh, a group that size would work. I have 17 black ruby barbs. They get the same size as tigers but are slightly less aggressive.

I do like the black Ruby's. I bet 17 is quite something :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back