Berried shrimp and guppy planted aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have at least 4 shrimp in my 29 aquarium.... I'm unsure on the amount I bought 8 (one died I know because it had ring of death and I saw it's dead bodie) but only seen 4 recently. My tank has a huge drift wood with java fern, moss an 2 anubias attach to it. Plus lotus, sword and other good hiding spots..... anyway I just noticed 1 saphire is 100% female. Shes becoming berried:) now my concern is I have other fish in the aquarium........ guppies mainly especially fry size range 1 inch to newborns.... they all get along great lol but now my main question is How smart are shrimp do you all think? Will the shrimplettes be smart enough to hide in the plants? I can but dont want to start another aquarium especially since everything looks good in the 29..... fish are thriving plants are growing shrimp berried but it be nice to have the colony grow abit.......oh when do shrimp eggs hatch?

I know that I always have a lot more shrimp than I can see. My shrimp are in a tank full of fish that love shrimplets - but there are always survivors. When my first shrimp stopped being berried I was convinced I had lost all my shrimplets. Then one day, about 3 weeks later I suddenly started seeing them everywhere.

I think they'll be fine - but unfortunately I can't stop you from worrying about it until they are brave enough to come out and show themselves :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back