Bent scissors, or can they be bent?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Might be a bit of a daft header but I'm stuck for my search for suitable aquascape scissors.
A couple of my tanks are really so on the small size that I can't use the regular aquascape scissors. Is there such a thing as scissors that are at, or nearly at, a 90 degree bend so I don't need to get my hand down into the tank where there isn't enough room

You just beat me to it :D I knew I'd seen scissors like that before on Tropica vids
I have yet to find anything missing off the "shelves" at Pro-Shrimp, they are brilliant for equipment, plants, snails...and, of course, shrimp

Even the more obscure items can often be found on their website.

I have yet to find anything missing off the "shelves" at Pro-Shrimp, they are brilliant for equipment, plants, snails...and, of course, shrimp

Even the more obscure items can often be found on their website.
I love pro-shrimp too, use them for plants all the time, and they're always well stocked on everything else. Haven't bought livestock from them yet, but I would for sure.

I have double curved already but they aren't what I want. If you, for instance, look along their length the tip of the scissors are still on the same plane as the handle. What I need is some that has the end of them pointing away from the stem at an angle of somewhere near 90 degrees

Neither ProShrimp or Horizon have anything like that, so I wonder if they actually exist?

Horizon Aquatics sells those too.............

(I thought you practically lived in that shop these days :lol:)
I got those sort already but they don't have a large enough bend so the scissor handle is almost upright when the point is at something near a 90 degree angle.
Yeah, I just love Horizon but with my missus now very poorly at present and unlikely to improve I'm sort of stuck, otherwise you'd have had a few yellow shrimp by now.

Surgical scissors....

Specifically episiotomy scissors (scroll down the page)

Well done. Never thought of that. Many thanks

Why don't you just use a normal pair of scissors that are small?

I assume you are using the scissors to trim plants?
Just use a normal pr and cut the stem on an angle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back