being risky... Amazon fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hello:fish: i made a thread on this "way back" when i was a new memder and had the animal corssing pfp. buying fish on amazon.com. im about to hit "buy" on a betta: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SP128Z9/?tag=ff0d01-20

how risky is it? i probly should setup my 10 gallon, and i still have to stock my 47 gallon (it would be done, but my mom is being suborn, topic for another post!) i dont wanna buy it then it comes dead. it gets cold at night were i live (New England states, Maine, Vermont, New York, New Hampshire) but you can still, like, sleep out side in a tent with 3 heavy blankets in summer (ive done it before, the ground is pretty comfy lol) its 3 day delivey+ it is currently the 9th of may, but it says it will come the 12th-14th

should i take the risk? only one of the revewis says they arrived dead. it says there refundable. you opinions? would you do it?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wouldn't....there's other more reputable places to buy fish online in the US

If you're just wanting a betta, rescue one from Petco or Petsmart

I wouldn’t honestly. You don’t even know what color you will get! I would get his tank set up, cycled, however you want it, then go to a LFS you feel takes responsible care of their fish/pets, and buy a betta from them. You get to pick out the betta, plus support a quality business!

I would not buy from Amazon. Have you looked at your local pet store? You may be able to rescue one from there, instead of buying online. Just a thought...

Yes I agree with everyone don't do it. Your better off seeing the betta fish in person you are buying. Ordering one on line can be risky, especially through an unknown like amazon.

Also, that particular listing gave very little info on the actual fish you would receive. if you want to order online I would look on eBay for a seller with good ratings and such

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back