FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Bethanyjxne

Reaction score
Hello all! I hope youā€™re well!
Iā€™m currently after some answers as I canā€™t find them anywhere, Iā€™ve had my planted tropical aquarium roughly 4 months, and yesterday I noticed what appeared to be these see through beige spots on two of my live plants and my seachem ammonia checker which is on the inside of my tank. My tank is fairly small (54L), maintained at 25 degrees Celsius, and fully cycled, Iā€™ve never had this issue before and Iā€™ve tried to look for answers online and Iā€™m still unsure! I was just wondering whether anyone could identify what it is from the pictures attached and let me know if I need to be worried, and how I can get rid of it if it is troublesome! Many thanks,
Beth :)
ps. Please be kind Iā€™m new to the hobby x
0D318B72-6743-4977-A4CA-649F32447813.jpeg

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Can't see anything because there is a big ammonia alert badge in the picture covering everything.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Can't see anything because there is a big ammonia alert badge in the picture covering everything.
Hello! Thank you! :) The alert badge is there because it also has the same round spot on! You can see the plant in the background x

Those patches of beige look a bit like diatoms.....though diatoms don't usually go so well defined on the edges.

What is your maintenance routine (water changes, substrate hoovering etc)?
Are you using any additives apart from dechlorinator?
What is your lighting routine?
What are your most recent (ideally today) test results?
How long has the aquarium been up and running (including any cycle time)?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back