Behaviour Of Galaxy Rasboras

AquaPit

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I would like to know how these beautiful species behave..

How they do in a community tank?
Are they fin nippers?
Do they eat shrimps??

Fyi, I would love for them to mix with Cherry Shrimps! If... it is possible! :p

Any of your experience with them would be greatly appreciated!

Tks!

i have these in with neon tetras, BN pleco;s and amano shrimp they do not fin nip altho they are very very small fish and very timid but given time they will come out more often takes a long time for them to build up there confidence, i have not had nay major dramas with them at all altho i know they love a heavy planted tank i have also had Copper Harlequin Rasboras in with them and again no dramas, i can't see these fish eating cherry shrimp as they won't be able to fit the shrimp in there mouths :)

Zikofski said:
i have these in with neon tetras, BN pleco;s and amano shrimp they do not fin nip altho they are very very small fish and very timid but given time they will come out more often takes a long time for them to build up there confidence, i have not had nay major dramas with them at all altho i know they love a heavy planted tank i have also had Copper Harlequin Rasboras in with them and again no dramas, i can't see these fish eating cherry shrimp as they won't be able to fit the shrimp in there mouths :)
That's lovely news to hear! Tks for sharing! :)

You'll want to be sure to get a large school of them as they can be very timid. The Seriously fish page on them is pretty detailed about their specific care. Have a read of it. As long as you're not going to have these with any boisterous fish, they should do well as a community fish.

attibones said:
You'll want to be sure to get a large school of them as they can be very timid. The Seriously fish page on them is pretty detailed about their specific care. Have a read of it. As long as you're not going to have these with any boisterous fish, they should do well as a community fish.
By boisterous you mean..not a betta right? hahaha

Oops! :p

They won't do well with a predatory fish, no. What I meant was that they won't do well with most species of barbs or robust tetras. These fish would also not do well with gourami or any type of cichlid.

attibones said:
They won't do well with a predatory fish, no. What I meant was that they won't do well with most species of barbs or robust tetras. These fish would also not do well with gourami or any type of cichlid.
okay tks!

Zikofski said:
 i know they love a heavy planted tank

This is the key thing. THe fact that they know they have somwehere to hide, should a predator appear, gives them the confidence to come out of hiding.

If you have a bare tank, they will just hide in a corner.,

the_lock_man said:
i know they love a heavy planted tank

This is the key thing. THe fact that they know they have somwehere to hide, should a predator appear, gives them the confidence to come out of hiding.

If you have a bare tank, they will just hide in a corner.,
A very good info! tks alot guys!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back