Behavior

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

drewdog1486

Reaction score
So I have 3 jewel corydoras and two of them keep swimming straight up to the top of my tank with their back’s together is this normal? Or are they showing signs of breeding?

So I have 3 jewel corydoras and two of them keep swimming straight up to the top of my tank with their back’s together is this normal? Or are they showing signs of breeding?
When my corydoras were breeding they would fly around the tank and chase each other. It is normal behaviour for corydoras to zoom to the surface, when I had them they did it constantly, never had any issues with them.

When my corydoras were breeding they would fly around the tank and chase each other. It is normal behaviour for corydoras to zoom to the surface, when I had them they did it constantly, never had any issues with them.
What should I look for to know if they are breeding or not? And is there anyway to sex them?

Welcome to TFF.

Fish behaviours/actions are often so similar between breeding, normal, and stressed that it is next to impossible to accurately pin it down from verbal descriptions. Experience over time allows us to pick up such signs.

Do you know the species? "Jewel" is a common name (not scientific) and one I cannot pin down.

How long have you had these three? And do you have more Corydoras in with them, or just the three?

Gender is best determined by the girth of the fish when viewed from above; females will be wider than males. Very few species have external gender differences.

Two corys will make a T shape when fertilizing eggs. They will swim together first. They lay eggs on flat surfaces, typically on the glass.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back