Beginner setup

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ladynaoko

Fishaholic
Reaction score
In college today a guy from my course came up to me and asked the question we all love to hear - "can you help me get a fish tank?" I asked him why and apparantly the people on my course seem to think that I "make fish cool"

He wanted to get a small tank and have some goldfish but I told him goldfish can grow to 10 inches monsters and they really shouldn't be kept in a tank less than 10 gallons for each fish - that and they poop a lot :lol:

He wants something small and simple so i've been thinking of suggestions for him. The tank he's seen is either 5 or 10 gallons (UK G's that is) so I was thinking maybe a nice betta and a few small cory cats or some ottos for him. I'll mature his filter and help him cycle his tank since I'm really nice like that.

Can anyone think of other suggestions for him?

I'd always suggest to anyone starting out to buy the biggest tank they can afford because fishkeeping is sooooooo addictive. You then have more choice of fish as well. :D

Dwarf puffers are the perfect fish for small tanks. They have so much personality and aren't to hard to keep if you know what you are doing :p

I found this old Post and thought it was interesting. I breed really nice mollies and sell them to the local fish store where they have only benn giving me .50 each. I researched the market for selling fish wholesale and found that there seems to be strong demand in my Region (northwest US) this would get rid of my problem of getting stuck for a crappy price on my fish. It must still be considered that volume would be your key to success in either business. In my small scale operation i can sell all i produce and enjoy not having to rent high traffic commercial property. i have alot of ideas for how to make a wholesale business work and am very involved with several other species that would be sold through a store. respond any or all and maybe we can exchange some ideas and or tips.

Most reactions

Back