FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RCA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This picture was taken by Derek Whitehouse Photography.  I got a call from Derek stating he needed some pictures for Crufts Dog Show and knew my dogs would be well behaved and could he take some photos?  I met him on a field the next day, which was a typical foggy morning at that time of year.  The sun broke for a split second as I said "see you", and walked away from the dogs, he then got this lovely shot.  When I walked into Crufts that year there was a huge poster before me, of my delightful, Whizz and Holly.  Sadly, they have now passed away, but were a major part of my life.

WhizzandHollyDWP_zps532d7d51.jpg

COPYRIGHT: Please do not copy this image, prints used to be available from the photographer, who was kind enough to give me a 3ft copy of the print which was done like a painting effect.  I have added his name across the image, which I hope does not detract too much from your viewing pleasure.

That's a great pic. I love Irish setters. They look so graceful!

They are gorgeous RCA - what a beautiful picture of your red setters!

Thanks everyone for your comments, they were a pleasure to own.

Ny82 said:
That's a great pic. I love Irish setters. They look so graceful!
They are indeed a very graceful breed, although the breed has changed a lot since I had mine.

Let me know if you want to see any other pictures of them, in more natural poses?

You can say that about many breeds unfortunately. Like the nutter who thought the curved spine on a german shepherd looks good. Whoever decided that needs shot, they look hideous now. 

I would love to see more pics, you could do it as a tribute to them :)

My main objective is always health and temperament over anything else, but as you can see I managed to breed good lookers too, or so I think
wink.png

More pictures, oh so many to choose from ...

Whizzsepiaonbalconyjpg_zps6eb8b439.jpg
 ​
Whizz going grey gracefully

I love Irish Setters. I see one from time to time in the park when I am walking... such a beautiful dog full off joy... but the one I see is like a leaf blowing in the wind with now brains!  LOL  You can't help but love him.

PrairieSunflower said:
I love Irish Setters. I see one from time to time in the park when I am walking... such a beautiful dog full off joy... but the one I see is like a leaf blowing in the wind with no brains!  LOL  You can't help but love him.
I love your words "like a leaf blowing in the wind".  That is certainly the attraction of them, their zest for life, however, like most animals it is a case of understanding what makes them tick and then working with that.  I found in fact mine were very intelligent it is often the human who is not 
blink.png
, they taught me a lot.

WhizzNorthAvocaSunset_zps152d74dd.jpg
 ​
Whizz in the sunset

Oh, how beautiful, RCA! Their coats look so healthy and well taken care of! And they look confident, they knew they are loved! :) 

Great stuff. One of my all- time favorite books as a child was Big Red. The top picture one on the left reminds me of how I always pictured Red. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back