Beetle ID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just like "Love Bugs" in Florida where the beasties were brought in to eat surface stuff in the waterways. Unfortunately no one actually researched and saw that there would be nothing to keep down the population as their acid content is so high no local birds will eat them. They have such an acid content that they will actually pit the finish on a car.
I did not know that about the "love bugs", thanks for the info, I need to do more research...I abhor those things

@connorlindeman , report back if you see any more of these beetles, I'd be interested to know if they are more populous where you live than they should be...

I did not know that about the "love bugs", thanks for the info, I need to do more research...I abhor those things

@connorlindeman , report back if you see any more of these beetles, I'd be interested to know if they are more populous where you live than they should be...
I'll do that :)

I think it is a Cetonia Aurata... We have a ton of them here. They're a brownish green. Exactly like the one in your picture.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back