Been away for a while, I’ve got a new planted 10 gallon cycled! I Need some help stocking.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Milex

Reaction score
I’m currently thinking:
1-2 honey gourami
8-ish Pygmy cories
10+ shrimp
would this work? if so how Many of each? If not what should I change?

Gouramis get a bit large for a 10G, but if that's what you want, get just 1...keep in mind, some gouramis find shrimp to be quite tasty, as well...

dun.. dun. DUUUNNNNNNNNNN
Talk about, lol....I've kept many gouramis with RCS, most of the gouramis ignored the shrimp, but a few hunted and feasted.....poor shrimpies never had a chance....:-(

Talk about, lol....I've kept many gouramis with RCS, most of the gouramis ignored the shrimp, but a few hunted and feasted.....poor shrimpies never had a chance....:-(
:'( also good news my swordtail is pregnant!

I wouldn't do all of those fish. It might be a bit overstocked. Maybe just 1 gourami and 5-6 cories. Also, keep in mind that if you do get shrimp, your gourami may or may not eat them.

I wouldn't do all of those fish. It might be a bit overstocked. Maybe just 1 gourami and 5-6 cories. Also, keep in mind that if you do get shrimp, your gourami may or may not eat them.
makesure you have a looooot of plants preferably hornwort and lush plants. shrimp can hide. 6 cories is best they like to be in a pack! 5 is ok since you have a small atnk

hornwort is good to have since its very lush and will provide hiding space for the shrimp and amazon sword is good too since it grows very fast.

you need a decent light but maybe the sword the hornwort gets messy
I meant as for fish, it’s already planted. if I do need those specific plants I’ll get them tho.

Attachments

• 1C2C0EC8-371A-4607-B31E-7796DE2D19DA.jpeg
    1C2C0EC8-371A-4607-B31E-7796DE2D19DA.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 102
im considering going for 3sparklers/1honey and some hara jerdoni rather than Pygmy cories. What do you think?

im considering going for 3sparklers/1honey and some hara jerdoni rather than Pygmy cories. What do you think?
What’s your water hardness and PH figures?

I dunno how well sparklers and honeys get on if that’s what you mean? Apparently Honeys do best in a small group of 4-6 and Sparklers in a pair or small group according to Seriouslyfish.com.

There’d be a 22-24 degrees window reqd for all three temp wise by the looks of a few sources.

I love the idea of Hara Jerdoni. I think they need to be target fed as other fish will get to food before em. Though honeys and Sparklers have similar speed issues as well.
I’ve always thought my water may be slightly too hard for Hara Jerdoni but the old boy on the corner whose had fish in our water since the 80s assures me that he kept them for a while with no obvious problems apart from rarely seeing them. He also thinks the feller in the next street has them and Pygmy Swordtails who have also aroused my interest these last few months. Once Covid is no longer an issue the old boy on the corners gonna introduce me to his mate in the next street and if he’s having no problems the Hara Jerdoni may be next on my wish list.
Best of luck.

Probably gonna go with either or, and considering honeys like groups, I’ll probably do the sparklers. I’m also considering Dario Dario. i wouldn’t want to keep all three due to overstocking Just the hara jerdoni and one type of centerpiece. Maybe a schooler such as embers, but still probably not. My water is softish I think, and I have been keeping it at 7 ph with buffer. I think both types of hardness are around four.

Most reactions

trending

Back