Beautiful new boy.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stacey1990

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so after a total disaster with my first betta, (I believe he came home already sick), I have bought new boy. I've named him Charles.
I've only had him just under week but he's already came out of shell so much and his colouring is so much brighter.
I think he is a veil tail but not 100% as it didn't actually say in the shop. Do people agree? Does he look healthy to everyone?

Attachments

• 20200703_123030.jpg
    20200703_123030.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 20200703_123019.jpg
    20200703_123019.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200703_122956.jpg
    20200703_122956.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200703_122944.jpg
    20200703_122944.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 61
Yep, he's a veil tail and a stunning one at that :) good to see you have live plants in the tank too, just keep an eye on those fins as it looks like he or another fish might have taken a bite out of them at some point, keep an eye on the castle decoration in case he goes inside to bite, I have had others in the past use caves to do this, leave things as they are for now so as not to stress him but just thought I'd make you aware in case he does start!

He looks pretty good, just the ends of his fins. Could have been the start of fin rot being kept in poor water if he was in a cup before, or just some wear and tear

I can't believe what characters they are. Every time he sees me he comes to beg for food, I'm trying my hardest not to overfeed but he makes me feel so guilty lol.

I was also wondering what peoples thoughts are on mirrors for exercising? I've bought a zoo med one which floats in his tank. I know it says 5 mins per day but I've only been leaving it in 3 max if that because he seems to go a bit wild. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. He flares, but he also zooms around the tank and I'm not sure if I'm doing more harm than good.

Last edited:
He's really cute! As everyone else has said, only his fins look a little nipped. I would keep an eye on that. He looks great otherwise though!
Also, I talk to my betta to. The conversations normally go something like this:
"Hey Mooki, how are you doing my handsome little fish?"
Silence
"Did you build a nice bubble nest? Good boy!"
Silence
"Are you flaring at me? Aww, are you mad at me?"
Silence
"Okay, I'll back away from the tank. You're such a brave boy for defending your home!"
Silence

He's really cute! As everyone else has said, only his fins look a little nipped. I would keep an eye on that. He looks great otherwise though!
Also, I talk to my betta to. The conversations normally go something like this:
"Hey Mooki, how are you doing my handsome little fish?"
Silence
"Did you build a nice bubble nest? Good boy!"
Silence
"Are you flaring at me? Aww, are you mad at me?"
Silence
"Okay, I'll back away from the tank. You're such a brave boy for defending your home!"
Silence
Hahaha this made me lol. I like to go up to his tank so I can watch him but then he thinks I'm going to feed him which makes me feel bad when I'm not.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back