Beasties On My Strawberry Plant

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kevstir

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys

Got a small strawberry plant on my hall window sill, its growing great and starting produce some strawberry's, the problem im having is that there are loads of beasties on it :angry: just wondered if you could identify them and advise of a way to get rid of them in a way that we can still eat any strawberry's its produces.

here is some pics, sorry about the quality i used my phone.

08082008153.jpg

08082008155.jpg

08082008156.jpg

Kev

saw this article before: my uncle used to care for strawberries in their garden and came across with something like that:
but these days it's not the beasties he's worried about - -it's the squirels pickin on them now.. :lol:

Aphids and Mites

Aphids are small sucking insects that may cause damage any time. Their feeding causes leaves to curl, and the sticky honey
dew that aphids excrete supports sooty mold development. Aphids are capable of spreading virus diseases, and their
populations may build up rapidly.

Spider mites also suck sap from the plant and cause loss of plant vigor. Control aphids and mites through thorough coverage.
Use 1 1/2 teaspoons of 57% malathion EC per gallon of water or use 2 tablespoons of 25% diazinon EC in 3 gallons of
water. A home orchard spray material that contains malathion may be used by following the label directions. If malathion does not control the mites, use Kelthane (dicofol)

Aphids, hate the things. Either find some LadyBirds/Larvae. Or get some GreenFly/Black Fly Spray that should do the trick.

i bet there dead XD

its a year old thread

i know its old but i must ask...is this plant still alive??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back