Be wary who you buy from

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Unknownfuture

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
As title says be wary about plecos that look similar and go to recognised people in the trade. Unfortunately my 2 L95 turned out to be L152. I had a small feeling but the bloke said itā€™s the lighting conditions to do with colour. I just ordered another L95 one through sims tropical and I got a proper L95. Emailed the original person he wanted pictures and basically said thank you for the information and that he thought they were L95. No sorry no deals, just speaks volumes of the person. I guess it happens a lot from small time people that do this to top up their pocket but Iā€™ll be staying clear of certain people in the future. Lesson learned. Im going to be selling these L152 now. First picture from SIMS TROPICAL Always perfect. Second picture the other L95 which is an L152. Ripped off but wiser now

Attachments

• AEC82389-E889-4B33-9D45-3C70CABCB3EB.jpeg
    AEC82389-E889-4B33-9D45-3C70CABCB3EB.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 84
  • A7DEE34D-2629-4995-8702-83D96D395DCC.jpeg
    A7DEE34D-2629-4995-8702-83D96D395DCC.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
You should enter that L95 in our Fish of the Month contest that is now accepting entries...we are especially seeking "oddballs." Your fish qualifies!

Last edited:
The L152
wow! Awesome fish! How long are they?
The L152 is 6 inches roughly(I took a close up of it) The L95 is definitely topping 12 inches. Iā€™ll probably be selling the L152ā€™s at some point for another L95. The colours are great and they are active.

have you ever seen your pleco trying to attach itself to the discus?
I'm interested because I've heard some people say that plecos will kill disc shaped fish

I'm interested because I've heard some people say that plecos will kill disc shaped fish
wow there! i never knew that!

One of the L152 occasionally try as itā€™s slowely moving around as it thinks they are a surface. Discus just moves slightly and the L152 just goes to some wood or the glass. As long as they are well fed their shouldnā€™t be an issue. Occasionally you do get an aggressive Pleco. In that case get rid of it. One of the L152 havenā€™t even attempted. The other tries to occasionally. I wonā€™t be keeping these long term either way. The L95 is new so just seeing temperament at the moment. Iā€™ve heard of they are missing something in their diet they will go for the slime coat on fish as Iā€™ve seen in many shocking videos. Feed your fish even stuff specifically for plecos and you shouldnā€™t have much issues.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back