Be over a decade since I got my hands wet

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Longislandguy

Reaction score
I was an avid fish keeper since the age of 6. I managed a substantial fish room while going through college. after getting married, fish keeping was put aside. Always wanting to get back into a hobby that has been such a great tool in easing stress...... most of the time, and the rewards in watching the progression of your displays.

With itch growing stronger over the past couple of years, this horrible Covid pandemic gave me al, the reasoning I needed to jump back in. Few things relieved stress as well as keeping an aquarium, and I and the whole world could use a little respite from the constant news stream.

So after searching and searching, I found a beautiful display for sale with great bones and better price. I decided that instead of doing a reef like I had for so many years, Iā€™d try something different. always wanted to try discus and always be amazed by these amazing aquascapes.
amazing how things have evolved since I last was keeping fish. Looking forward to learning and enjoying the hobby.
Iā€™m located on Long Island, so feel free to reach out if your in the same hood. Best. Timmy.

Welcome to the forum! Discus are very cool fish, but I would suggest starting with another fish to begin, as they are really expensive and need almost perfect conditions. If you want to go for it you have lots of support here though!

Hey all. Finally back in the hobby after being gone for almost a decade. Previously had over 15 years experience. Also ran a fish room for a number years. I always focused on reefs. So with covid, I thought setting up a tank was a great way to relieve stress and boredom.

So I decided to try a planted discus tank. Itā€™s a 60 gallon custom euro brace display. So a long time friend who a LFS called me about some new acquisition that Iā€™ve only seen a couple of times throughout the years.

Attached is my new display and the new pipefish. Iā€™ll keep this is updated.

Would love to hear feedback if you think starting a build thread would interest anyone.

1587709373867.jpeg

Hello, nice looking tank , I have not seen pipe fish at any LFS they look interesting. I like the branches/roots hanging down. It looks like a black water set up. :clap:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back