Battle Of The Breeds

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

zophie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am planning to get a rabbit, and I have been doing a lot of researching :nod: I have still not figured out what type of breed I prefer, here our some of the options I am considering:

-French Lop
- English Lop (though I herd that they are not good for begginers ????)
- Holland Lop
- Cashmere Lop (this may be my fave of all, but they are long-haired.)

That's basically it- My favourite is the Cashmere, but I understand that they have to be groomed alot- therefor not so good for a begginer. French Lops are a close second, but I am a little daunted by there large size. (Though I do prefer larger rabbits). The English used to be my favourite, but I read in a rabbit book that they are better for the experienced handler. The Holland Lop is probably the most particle option, but they are my least favourite of these breeds.

Otherwise, I am open to other breeds that you may suggest. FYI I prefer medium-large size breeds, but would be fine with a small one.

Thankyou, any help would be appreciated. :nod:

Zophie :good:

You could have a quick look through this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rabbit_breeds

Cheers,
Alessa!

Seems like you are set on lops. I have had a few rabbits. my first lived to be 10yr she was just your basic mid size with the up right ears. She was the best bunny very active and fun.

Then I had a Holland Lop he was a grumpy punk but lived most of his life in a cage at an old people home. I find the lops to be more mellow and not as crazy.

Then we had a Rex. Softest fur EVER. This rabit was sweet loved to be held and was just a love.

Here in the USA there are lots of homeless rabits and I know you can find a great bunny with a rescue group. Rabbite are so under rated they do make great pets.

Most reactions

Back