Bats

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dragonslair

Dragon.
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I'm in the back garden with a laptop that I've borrowed from my brother in law. Drinking a cup of coffee and admiring the huge red sunset. I can see things like swifts flying all about me. I thought they were swifts until on landed on a tree branch near me with a bloomin big moth in its moth. It was a piperstral bat. I never saw any moths,but it obviously did.(or rather heard the moth) I never realised how many bats there were flying outside my garden on an evening. They seem to be taking refuge in the nearby trees and woods. My garden lights have also activated, this is attracting the flying things and the bats are homing in on them. FREE MEAL lads courtesy of MSS. :laugh: :laugh: They are fascinating to watch.

They are arent they mate, we get a lot down this way too and they can be a bit frightening for people walking down unlite lanes lmao............i can hear their screams now lmao :laugh: :laugh:

Here bats make their homes under bridges. In the evening people park their cars along the street and watch the bats come out in evening. Thousands and thousands of bats. It really neat to watch.

Thousands and thousands?...WOW.  First time I saw bats was in Death Valley, eating on the porch of a restaurant.  I thought they were moths...HUGE moths. :laugh:   Driving through the desert at night, with them in the headlights was rather awesome for me. :)

My wife, I sometimes call batwoman, she's a member of a bat rescue group in Durham City. They have these neat gizmos that can pick up bat calls(sonar clicks?) Sounds like very fast morse code. The closer they home in on a target the faster the clicks. I'm beginning to think we've a bat highway here. :laugh:

Dragon and Reg,

I found a good site for you.   Dragon your wife would love this site.  To see the pictures of Congress Ave bridge.  Click on discovery. www. Bat conservation link

Faye

Need to add some more information. Click on discovery when you enter the site. This will pull up a picture of bats flying out of a cave. Go to the left side of your screen and click on Congress. Sorry for any confusion.bat conservation link

Faye

Flying hamesters I like them. Used to sit in the garden at night watching them when i lived in the country. Didn't see any in sfrica though. should have with all them mossie's about.

faye, real cool site and adeyc you're incorrigible. There's no hope for you. Flying hamsters, I bet you would eat them like those aliens in "V" woul;dn't you??

Nah deep fried just like guinea pig. I've been to peru you know. lol Just cause it moves doesn't mean I'll eat it just like I wont do something else to everything that moves ;) :laugh:

Ok so they're more like minature foxes if you look at the teeh. Bats aint Rodents buit a hamsters the right size and has no tail
Gotta go somethings moving woo woo woo :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

adeyc, order me a couple of pints of what you've just had m8.
Seems to be doing wonders for you.
:laugh: :laugh:

Not about Bats but one of my daughters saw a wallaby and was convinced it was a giant mouse. She still won't accept that it isn't :p

My Mum was convinced she saw a wallaby as we were driving around the highlands. A bit further on she saw a "Kangaroos for the next 15 km" sign which someone had obviously brough back from their hols and stuck to the tree in their front garden. That was it - we were all wrong to tease her after that - it really had been a wallaby (or else a small kangaroo!).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back