Bathroom Water

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Amber

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is the water from the bathroom taps the same quality as the water from the kitchen taps?

No mine isnt the kitchen water is better.

I use a filtered tap in the kitchen when I use tap so I wouldn't know. But common sense would say the water is normally the same from both rooms. :p

Mine isn't the bathroom water taste's awful.

I think it depends on how your pipes are done. At my house we have a water softener that removes the minerals found in the water to make things easier to clean and stops the mineral build up in the pipes.

So in the kitchen there is a pipe that takes water that hasn't been treated from the water softener.

I have no idea if the treated water is better or worse than the untreated for fish, so I use the untreated.

i really doubt it matters at all. it all running into your house the same way, but the kitchen water is easier to acess cuz its a bigger sink so thats wut i use

Usually the supply to the kitchen tap is mains water and the bathroom is tank water from the house, so its been lying around in a possibly not so clean tank. :sick:

Have YOU looked at your tank recently? I'm too scared!!

Hmmmm - I have a combi boiler so I have no tank to speak of, but I just remember being told as a child not to drink water from the bathroom taps :/ Does it definatly come through the same pipes, so that the water we are given to bath in or flush the loo come to that has been treated to the same degree as our drinking water :dunno:

Amber said:
Hmmmm - I have a combi boiler so I have no tank to speak of, but I just remember being told as a child not to drink water from the bathroom taps :/ Does it definatly come through the same pipes, so that the water we are given to bath in or flush the loo come to that has been treated to the same degree as our drinking water :dunno:
[snapback]850810[/snapback]​

Unless you have a combination boiler, invariably the kitchen taps are mains fed water, and bathroom taps are fed from a cold water storage tank - it is not advisable to drink from cold water storage tanks, since they are open to contamination. So far as combi boilers go, all water (cold and hot) are mains fed, so drinkable. What pipework is used is irrelevant, it is how the water is stored or fed.

Back before combi boilers and in old houses like mine, the mains water usually went to the kitchen tap. However the storage tank also gets filled up through a separate pipe but also from the mains - the only difference is once the tank is full, it just lies there - and who knows what might be in the tank. Yikes! I'm giving myself the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. I have never seen inside my tank in the 10 years I've stayed in this house. :*) :X :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back