Barracks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
Heheheh, got a new house in the building stage right now, and my room can be a bit bigger, well I want to devote it to bettas! (plus my two tropicals, just 10G each) But I need an idea or construction plan for barracks, which will be a whole wall about 10x8, with three - two shelves. A special place will be reserved for the growout (or perhaps breeding - is it possible to breed in a 30 gallon?) but the barracks will be for 2.5 - 1 gallons mostly. How much could this hold? The barracks will be two - three shelves, eight feet each, however I don't know the dimensions of a 2.5 So I need some construction plans or advice from somebody who has some please!

Also, I need a heating solution - incadescents hanging on the barracks? expensive? Heating pads?

Lights are not the best method to heat your betta water. I would worry about the top of the water being much warmer than the bottom and causing temperature fluctuations when you turn them off at night (if you do). Heating pads might be an option, but I don't know how you plan to do your betta barracks, so that's kind of up to you. :)

Yeah, that's what I thought. I was worried heating pads might crack the glass - also, I've calculated I'll be able to keep 14 2.5 gallons in total, or 24 one gallons, etc.

You might try them with a towel under the tank and over the heater, to keep them from really experiencing a drastic temp change (causing the glass to break).. But I've only used a heating pad made for humans under a tank, not the aquarium based ones. :)

I doubt they'll be filtered; just massive bi weekly water changes.

And the ones for the fishtanks, Dibari.

Heheh. :shifty: Don't worry, I haven't got anything better to do on Saturday and Wednesday!

You really might want to think about stringing the 2 1/2 gallon tanks together into a 10 gallon tank with a large filter, uv sterilizer, and a biowheel. Attach another 10 gallon tank on the side so you can do water changes right out of that.

Most reactions

Back