bah :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nightlife20

Gettin back into it all after 4 yrs off
Reaction score
two out of 4 otos have died today :( soooo gutted only got them yesterday from trimar :(

all water parims test normal 0.0 ammonia 0.0 nitrite 20.0nitrate ph a stable 7.5

iv read these fish arnt comfertoble with change, trimar also said they buffer their water to keep it at a 7.5 range so i dunno... :/

also union has died :-(( my twin better for jack) so not fair.. but i did give him a few months of happyness in my tanks :) no obviouse sighns of death... his finns never grew back to the full length after me rescuin him from that mixed barb tank :(

on a good side tho, the 3 medium sized clown loaches have become a bit more active, havnt seen em much but its only been from 12 yesterday... saw them eatin a few bloodworms not long ago :) and ones shacked up with my albino rainbow shark... transfered my bronze and albino corys to a friends tank as she hasnt got any bottom feeders and she loved mine ( well my tank is mostly bottom feeders so i could stand to give a few away.) my peppered 2 went into my 15.6 with jack flairing at them..

well thats the run down of whats happened here in the last 24hrs... whats been goin on with urs?

awww sorry nightlife :/ Glad to hear your loaches have perked up though!!

Not much going on in my tanks, same ole,same ole. My eel has been especially reclusive the last few days and I'm worried about him ,I think the angel may be picking on him :( But I really don't know if he'd like to move into the big tank with the africans and the loaches. Too much competition for food, plus he only eats live or frozen and I can't afford to feed that tank daily on frozen foods :S

Sorry about what happened. :/

Good new: you can get your money back provided trimar refunds dead fish.

My news: all my Dwarf Gourami fry died. Eh oh well. Better luck next time, hopefully. :/

Hmmmm my news:

Need to sort out my biggest tank. Is looking unloved compared to the others. Angel fry doing well. Krib fry growing well and not looking very albino.

Sorry to hear what has happened nightlife. I have never changed the ph for my otos and they are grand.

Sorry to here your sad news :-(

I was going to get some otos as I hear they're good algea eaters.

no cheese lol sorry didnt type it as i was thinkin :(

trimars normal water aparently is 8. somhin? so she told me that have to buffer their water as most customers use either r.o water or their ph is 7.5 or somthin along those lines... i personaly wouldnt know what i was doin if i started messin witht he ph, mines always been a steady 7.5....

trimar wont refund after 24 hrs, also they only refund the fish not the actuaul sending costs (10 pounds wich aint too bad)

iv also neglected my 15.6 (ohh bad girl) so today it got a much needed make over and sort out :) (check out new pics in mems pics)

awww temp sorry to hear that :( so sad :(

awww wuv.. ur poor eel, yikes live food?? all the time??? hmmm im not havin one of them then (crosses eels off list)

realy gutted over union more, i fought for him an rollocked the lfs owner about it... so sad.. he was such a lovley betta :(

This week I lost my spiny box puffer, Spike, one of the few fish that I have named. Seemed to be doing well, was laying dead at the bottom of my 125 one morning, one of my favorite fish. Also lost a grey bichir that a friend gave to me the earlier part of the week(jumped out of the net while being transferred from my friend's tank, that and stress from move probably did him in).

On the bright side, a large (female?) yellow lab cichlid that I got from the same friend is doing very well, as are the hifin blue variatus platies that I bought this week. Blonde tux guppies as well as red moon platies had more fry this week.

Sorry for everyone's losses...........rough week for lots of us.

Hey, nightlife....that pic of the 2 catfish...what is the one in the foreground? I recognize the peppered cory, know I've seen that other one before but can't place it with a name. Good pic, cute caption!

Otto's are tough. For whatever reason if I add a group there usually is a fatality. but if they survive a few days they usually survive for good. My problem is with 6 loaches on the bottom of the tank dead fish disapear FAST.

fishdude, that my friend is a hoplo catfish, i have two they are soooo entertasining and soooo cute :)

sky, man u wanna add crabs to ur bottom feeders, i can tell u now if a fish dies in my tank i dont get any remains, i recently lost a bristlenose catfish.. i had nothing left of it :( fat little pig's

nightlife20 said:
awww wuv.. ur poor eel, yikes live food?? all the time??? hmmm im not havin one of them then (crosses eels off list)
It's not as bad as it sounds, only live ghosties, blackworms or brine, also frozen brine. That's the extent of his diet :) I saw him snag a frozen blooodworm the other day so maybe he's becoming more open minded, only took a little over a year :whistle: :rolleyes:

Hi nightlife20

I'm so sorry about your loss. :byebye:

I've been nursing a group of 5 wild caught bronze C. aeneus cory cats who had a really bad case of finrot when I bought them. They are finally just about healed. It's been a hard struggle with it, but they are finally just about healed.

Yesterday I went to the lfs and there was only one left from the original batch and it was in bad shape. When I went up to look at it, it turned around and looked at me and opened its mouth in a perfectly round "o." I would have sworn it was saying, " take me home." So, of course I did.

Now I have another sick fish to treat and I'm hoping it will respond as well as the others finally did. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back