Badger's Sumatran Rice Paddy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Lol, best of luck on the rice seeds. Sorry abouth the bettas, but hoping you have three males to even the tank out. Hope all is well with thte Badger family.

Lol, best of luck on the rice seeds. Sorry abouth the bettas, but hoping you have three males to even the tank out. Hope all is well with thte Badger family.
Yeah, we're all doing pretty well. Except the rice. ha ha It's weirdly warm here; feels more like late September than December. Hoping for some snow soon. Mrs. Badger and the Badgerling are enjoying home schooling, and the offspring is taking band and becoming a tolerably good flute player, which is fun. I spend my days getting paid to sing with little kids, and my evenings building things, hanging with the family, running up and down mountains with a crazy dog, and attempting household repairs. Life is pretty good; much to be thankful for and just enough adversity to keep things from getting too boring. :lol: How are you getting along, Natalia?

Got two female imbellis in today. Both died in transit. One looked like it had worms erupting from between its pectoral fins. This is the same outfit that sold me my original pair, but I might just ask for a refund and eat the cost of shipping...

I have three bettas now. I thought it was two males and a female, thus the need for a couple more girls. But now the "female" is coloring up like a male. If I really have three males, I might just be content with that. In my limited experience of keeping this species for seven months, they only seem aggressive if they're breeding. So if they're all males, that might actually work out well.
Wasn't there a pair with successful fry? and isn't there a juvenile in the tank that's one of the males?

I’m sorry to hear that. I’m unfamiliar with this fish & will google.

Strikingly beautiful
4437B02B-0763-49A4-8EFB-CD8E9235CC7C.jpeg

I was going to ask you if ”Peaceful“ had any significance
😹😹😹

i‘ve often wished these betta boys could all just get along. Imagine a big tank full of these beauties.

I was going to ask you if ”Peaceful“ had any significance
😹😹😹

i‘ve often wished these betta boys could all just get along. Imagine a big tank full of these beauties.
I'm peaceful; I only bite 3 times a day; you are not peaceful you bite 4 times a day. Poor guppy all bitten.

Yeah, we're all doing pretty well. Except the rice. ha ha It's weirdly warm here; feels more like late September than December. Hoping for some snow soon. Mrs. Badger and the Badgerling are enjoying home schooling, and the offspring is taking band and becoming a tolerably good flute player, which is fun. I spend my days getting paid to sing with little kids, and my evenings building things, hanging with the family, running up and down mountains with a crazy dog, and attempting household repairs. Life is pretty good; much to be thankful for and just enough adversity to keep things from getting too boring. :lol: How are you getting along, Natalia?
Glad to read all's well with you and your family. I'm doing well. Got a job so that's one less thing to worry about. Sis also got a job so double yahoo. Fish are doing well, we took three small tanks down and hopefully this weekend we I be moving the Peru wolf fish, acara and BN pleco (Ghost's large son) out of the 75 and into the 120 acrylic. Mom's still in the nursing home, but I don't think she's going to be mobile enough to get home, though she thinks she can with no effort on her part, lol. Cats are good, trouble with a tail but you gotta love them. Recently got a snake, small baby female Kenyan sand boa. Sis got a baby Mexican King snake but it unfortunately passed shortly after the convention. She was bummed but I got her an early Birthday present in the form of a juvi male Kenyan sand boa, bit older than my female. Both are doing very well and are eating and molting. We have them set up in the PetSmart Thrive brand 20 long reptile enclosures. My girl will need something bigger but not for a bit.

Still working on the house though we replaced most of the windows. Focusing on the electricity, painting and the main bathroom for the winter. Spring will (hopefully) bring kitchen redo. Lol, we have the cabinets in the garage waiting to be worked on. They are hickory and we have to sand and stain them prior to demolition of the old cabinets/kitchen. Life would be boring with out projects, right?

Last edited:
Need to try to get some pics of these tiny P. cuneovirgata loaches for the FOTM coming up. They are so fun to watch. They are true bottom feeders: They never, ever leave the bottom, except once in a great while I'll see one perched in the lower leaves of a plant. They really don't even swim; they just slither across the sand. They have crazy looking little faces, with tiny eyes on top and barbels going every which way around their mouths. When they feed, they sift through the mulm and blow little bits of it out their gills.

But they're so tiny, I have to take my glasses off and put my nose up against the glass to see any of this. Just really neat little fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back