BAD Prices for Ciclids and saltwater fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was comparing prices around here and online for prices of cichlids and saltwater fish and the prices are so high ! cichilds are cheaper but still high. Cichlids are like 15-50$ and Saltwater prices are 50-200 it is soo high ! :crazy: :eek:

I fellow I work with has been keeping Marine tanks for 20 + years now and he just told me he bought an Angelfish for $500.00 (not sure what kind of Angel)...within 2 days it died :crazy: ...expensive going marine!

Check the "For Sale" section of the forum, Cichlidmaster has some good prices listed on his newest stock, and I'm sure he has many more cichlids that he hasn't listed in the posts. As he is in Michigan it should be no problem having them shipped to you. Also you can figure that comming from CM they will all be healthy and disease free. :thumbs:

You should find some hobbyists in your area that breed. I'm sure they would give you a more reasonable price compared to a LFS. Since you're in Illinois, try the Greater Chicago Cichlid Association (GCCA) or try this link: http://www.iowaaquaria.com

Take a look at the Classifieds section. It's full of people selling the stock that they breed and a fairly chep price.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back