Bad day at the dentist

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I am a retired senoor. For my entire life I have been fortunate to have had excellent dentists and doctors. My current dentist teaches in a nearby dental college and he is certified to do anesthesia beyond the normal locals. I was out cold when he had to pull a tooth,

When I was a boy the dentist's drill was mechanically driven by a series of pullys and drive cords. The drill speed was definitely not high speed. Nitrous oxide was the most commonly used anesthesia. No needles with novocaine.
https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/anesthesia/what-does-laughing-gas-do#
xfywrx7c6h351.jpg

I had nothing but nitrous oxide when giving birth to my second child :eek:

It may be called laughing gas but it didn't make me laugh. Screaming is more accurate :lol: Luckily it only lasted two and a half hours.

My cousin had gas at the dentist when she was 2 and had broke her front tooth in half vertically. The gas caused her heart to stop. The dentist was in shock and did not act. Luckily my aunty was a trained nurse and did CPR. My cousin then started breathing again on her own.

When my very elderly dentist retired, I gave him this lithograph as a gift. He loved it.
It's a drawing of an oldtime dental office. Zoom in to the the fine details. There's even a tooth on the floor.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's a thoughtful gift for your retiring dentist! 🦷 The lithograph captures the nostalgia of old-time dental offices, and it's neat to see the fine details, including a tooth on the floor. If you ever need dental services in the future or have any questions about maintaining your oral health, feel free to check out jeffreygrossdds.com. They offer a range of dental solutions, including Implant Dentistry in Eastlake Ohio, for those looking to restore their smiles or address specific dental needs. Keep up the great work with your dental care journey!

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back