Bacterial Bloom

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

CatScott

Reaction score
So my triple tank has been running for about 3 weeks, I cycled it by adding filter media from my established tank which has perfect water parameters. However I have a bacterial bloom problem on the wood in the middle chamber, I have pieces of wood in al three but its just the middle one that has the problem. I have added Pure Aquarium balls to the filter, I have also taken the wood out and soaked it in boiling water, water changes etc but it just keeps coming back. Any ideas on why its happening or how to get rid?

Attachments

• IMG_6101.jpg
    IMG_6101.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6102.jpg
    IMG_6102.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 75
Hello :)
I had this on my big piece of driftwood for a long time. Rather than bacterial bloom it is actually a type of Fungus, it is very common in new/old piece of driftwood and nothing to worry about. I found that my fish ate it and I think the BB got some as well, donā€™t worry about it, you havenā€™t done anything wrong, I boiled my wood and it still came, donā€™t worry, itā€™ll be fine! Good luck, and get back to me if you have any other question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my triple tank has been running for about 3 weeks, I cycled it by adding filter media from my established tank which has perfect water parameters. However I have a bacterial bloom problem on the wood in the middle chamber, I have pieces of wood in al three but its just the middle one that has the problem. I have added Pure Aquarium balls to the filter, I have also taken the wood out and soaked it in boiling water, water changes etc but it just keeps coming back. Any ideas on why its happening or how to get rid?

Also, if you really hate the look of it, you can take it out and scrub it all off with a brush. It will come back in a few weeks but if you hate the look of it that much itā€™s an option, personally I hated it and as soon as I saw some I took the wood out and scrubbed it off [emoji23] up to you though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if a soak in white vinegar or a spray with hydrogen peroxide (outside the tank of coarse) might be of benefit - but I'm just 'spit balling' here as I've not had a problem with my fake hollow log. <g>

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back