Bacterial Additives...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

No, you've got it right, that sounds right about the differences between the three and yes, it's all about groups. The corys go wild with really big groups, they completely change character, becoming playful and all looking for currents to shoot around in together. There have been videos of hundreds of them doing this in the wild. Below a certain number they just sit on the bottom (although this may be a normal part of "their day" even when in healthy groupings.. I wouldn't be surprised.)

~~waterdrop~~

10 hours after the dose, the NH3 and NO2 are both zero! Looks like things are ready to go... (I would say that I am on Day 3 of the qualifying week

Now I just need to get the Penguin 200 to come from Chicago and I can start to get the biowheels going on a larger dose in the 56 gallon tank.

(I might just move over the sponge filter and continue to dose both of them, to see how well the sponge filter did with seeding.) And see how well the biowheels can add some bacteria on the 10 gallon, before moving to the 56 gallon. The new filter should arrive on Friday or Saturday. We shall see.

Well, the word is back about my water... a bunch of folks in our neighborhood are having similar issues. Apparently it is related to some work further up the main. It is primarily iron deposits. Brita does filter out that sort of thing, so it is not in the water I am drinking. It WILL, however, continue to be in the water that goes into my tank. The woman from my water company said that the longer the water remains on, the more noticeable it will be... which means it will continue to be a problem with water changes. Is iron like this detrimental to fish? Will it stay in my tank for long before the filter takes care of it?

Good news is that my new filter will be at my house today! :hyper: So I will finally be able to bring the 56 gallon fully on line and see how it all looks together. (well, not fully, since I still will need another Penguin200.)

Well, I have ended the fishless cycle on my 10 gallon tank. The results are in and it doesn't look good for SafeStart.

I am going to end this thread here, and open a new one focused on the 56 gallon tank I will officially start cycling with seeded media tomorrow morning.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back