Backyard Visitors

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dthoffsett

I'm a girl . . . yup, definitely a girl. =)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I know there's a similar topic on birds that got revived, but I though it would be fun to post pics of any visitors in your yards.

I came home this morning and was putting things away (I work 3rd shift) and look out the balcony window to see a Robin on the telephone line. So, I carefully worked my way on to the balcony and snapped some pics. Hope you enjoy. :good:

PhotobucketRobin2.jpg

PhotobucketRobin1.jpg

PhotobucketRobin3.jpg

I'm not really sure what these guys are, probably sparrows.
PhotobucketBirdies1.jpg

Wow your Robins are very bold! Are they as friendly as ours?

Sparrows look pretty similar though. Nice pics!

Wow your Robins are very bold! Are they as friendly as ours?

Sparrows look pretty similar though. Nice pics!

Thanks. I wouldn't say the robins around here are friendly, but they tend to ignore you if you are quiet and don't get too close. :good:

I know this topic is a little old, but thought I'd add some new pics I took.

squirrel
squirrel.jpg

rabbit in my neighbors backyard
bunny.jpg

I'm not sure what kind of bird this is
unknown.jpg

female robin
femalerobin.jpg

male and female cardinals, they are really hard to get pics of as they like to hide
malecardinal.jpg

femalecardinal.jpg

mourning dove, this pic didn't come out so great, I was leaning on my balcony rail and around the corner of the bldg. :shifty:
dove.jpg

Hope you enjoy, and add your pics. :good: Dawn

The bird you are not sure of is a house sparrow (male).

Thank you. :good:

No probs. We have tons of them and they may be drab but they are cheeky wee characters. I'm jealous of your Cardinals. When I was over staying with my gf in the Us she couldnt understand my facination with them and some of your other cool birds. All we seem to get are crows, seagulls and pigeons :lol:

Okay this maybe pic heavy once I figure out the best way to size the pictures LOL.

To begin with our local neighbourhood Fox and Green Woodpecker. These were taken with a rather bad camera so poor qaulity pics.... sorry.

Green Woodpecker:

GavsPiccies030a.jpg

Fox sun bathing in middle of our garden midday the cheeky git!!.

GavsPiccies026a.jpg

Fox & Green woodpecker in the same shot.

foxandwoodpecker.jpg

more pics to follow.

Okay I think I managed to re-size these so they are not to huuuggeee.

Starlings feeding their young. At one point we had ten squabbling over the feeder. I only managed to get 4 in the frame at any one point.

006a-1.jpg

051a.jpg

068a-1.jpg

Ducks

230a.jpg

Willow Warbler

101a.jpg

105a.jpg

Newt

049a.jpg

We also get umpteen million slugs, snails and frogs.

Pair of swallows which are extremely camera shy so always get a blur or partial picture of them. Magpies, Crows and Squirrels all of which are to crafty or too quick for me to get a piccy. The occasional pet cats, usually the three same ones. Althrough one had a nasty surprised when it came upon the fox sleeping in our garden. LOL unfortunately my camera was broken at the time and the cat legged it quick time. Sometimes get pigeons but the fox ate them so do not get them anymore.

Also been told by the neighbour that we have had Jays in our garden, he gets the occasional heron which nicks his fish from his pond. Also been told by the neighbour there is a peregine falcon I think he said it was the falcon, which takes a pot shot at birds at the end our gardens. Have not seen these for myself. BUt when I do I sure I try to take a piccy or two. :)

P.S alot of the qaulity has been stripped by both paint and photobucket :(. The starling pictures are truely alot better than that I promise.

Great pics GGriffen, love the fox. Every year at work we get a family of foxes, I love to watch the kits play. :wub:

I'm hoping to get a lot more wildlife once I move to a smaller town, I'm sure I'll bore you all with tons of pics. :lol:

Great pics GGriffen, love the fox. Every year at work we get a family of foxes, I love to watch the kits play. :wub:

I'm hoping to get a lot more wildlife once I move to a smaller town, I'm sure I'll bore you all with tons of pics. :lol:

I live in a village in the uk and the foxes play quite a bit in our garden. Have yet to see this years Kits, have seen signs of them in the garden. Unfortunately the fox in the pic has got mange so will probably not live to sire next years kits. :(

Look forward to your piccies ;). I got to really sort out my garden as it bit of a jungle and the person who concreted the patio used substandard materials. LOL sure the pics will look better once I have a nice garden as a background.

Nice pics GGriffin though I think thats a blue tit on your feeder.

Heres my addition to the backyard visitors. I put up this nest box in memory of a forum friend that passed since she loved everything wildlife. Well instead of birds using it wasps moved in instead. I know she wouldnt want me to dispose of them so I've left them be as they are not really causing any problems.

DSCF3163.jpg

DSCF3164.jpg

DSCF3165.jpg

we've had an explosion of gold finches in our area lately so we have them as regulars along with blue tits, deer, rabbits and once we had a fox living in the garage lol...ill have to get some pics sometime

Nice pics GGriffin though I think thats a blue tit on your feeder.

Heres my addition to the backyard visitors. I put up this nest box in memory of a forum friend that passed since she loved everything wildlife. Well instead of birds using it wasps moved in instead. I know she wouldnt want me to dispose of them so I've left them be as they are not really causing any problems.

Thanks T. LOL he/she might be, but he tiny in comparison with the other blues and is more a greenish/yellow hue to his colouring. Closest piccy I could find of him/her in my big book of birds is the willow warbler. Unless its a youngster.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back