Background bubbles

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

zain611

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Was wondering but how can I remove those annoying bubbles from the background? I used background glue to stick on the background before applying and used a credit card to take off the excess. About 3 weeks later I can see one bubble on the top and some bubbles coming now on the side.

I used tape before on my previous tank but wanted to try this adhesive out as it shows to eliminate the mirror look you'd get when you look at the background from the sides and adds the colour. It's just sadly that air pockets are forming in some bits. Really irratates me as it's properly stuck on the glass plus I don't want to go through the hassle of draining all the water and fixing it.

That’s a pity really.

I can relate to being annoyed at something that is just there and being a perfectionist I know it would just drive me a bit nuts.

When I first started, I did use background posters but only used tape to stick the posters on by the edges of the tank, then graduated to black cardboard and stuck those to tank. Until finally settling on actually painting the back of glass with black paint on my last few tanks I set up.

Painting back of tanks is the way to go for me as this ensure it’s a uniform and perfect background in my opinion.

Cheap acyrillic black paint is perfectly fine to use and use a small roller to paint this on the glass evenly, that does the trick nicely, takes two or maybe 3 coats to cover 100% of the back glass.

Of course this would mean emptying this tank and setting up to paint etc, but for future that may be something to consider next time you set up a new tank.

But for now, maybe chalk it up to learning experience I guess and maybe try a black card for this tank, if you can get the glue off the glass etc. Trail & error.

You can use a needle to pop the bubbles.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back