Back to fishtanks with a Nano

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gerryo2

Reaction score
Hi, I am gerryo2. I was involved with tropical fish for a few years, but gave it up when I moved to an apartment. I have just now ordered a 13.5g Nano tank with a few extras, like sand and salt etc, I still live in an apt. so decided to go to a Nano. I have had a couple of Nanos before and they were quite successful but needed a lot of maintenance in those days.
This one should be better with better equip. and lights. I don't have the tank yet so am a little nervous. I'm an old man so need to keep the excitement down a few pegs.
So. We'll see how this one goes with the start of a new Cycle and take it from there.

Last edited:
Post some pics when the tank arrives!

I've got a couple 20gal nanos in my apartment and it feels like they practically run themselves (periodic small water changes being the exception of course). It's amazing how advanced saltwater equipment has gotten. One of my favorite gadgets that makes nanos a lot easier and more stable are tiny auto-top-off systems that I can hook up to a small bucket of freshwater stowed under the tank.

Hi, I am gerryo2. I was involved with tropical fish for a few years, but gave it up when I moved to an apartment. I have just now ordered a 13.5g Nano tank with a few extras, like sand and salt etc, I still live in an apt. so decided to go to a Nano. I have had a couple of Nanos before and they were quite successful but needed a lot of maintenance in those days.
This one should be better with better equip. and lights. I don't have the tank yet so am a little nervous. I'm an old man so need to keep the excitement down a few pegs.
So. We'll see how this one goes with the start of a new Cycle and take it from there.
From one old man to another, welcome back into the fold and good luck to you.

So, I got my tank, :-(:-(the EVO 13.5g, and most of the equipment to try this again. Today I received the rock. I decided to go with CaribSea LifeRock to make my little difference on the Coral reefs of this world.
I got the 20 pound package, and am wondering if all of that will fit into my little tank.
I can't set the tank up just yet as I am doing a reassembly of my little apartment. I don't want to have to move a tank full of water and rock.
So there it sits for now.

So, I got my tank, :-(:-(the EVO 13.5g, and most of the equipment to try this again. Today I received the rock. I decided to go with CaribSea LifeRock to make my little difference on the Coral reefs of this world.
I got the 20 pound package, and am wondering if all of that will fit into my little tank.
I can't set the tank up just yet as I am doing a reassembly of my little apartment. I don't want to have to move a tank full of water and rock.
So there it sits for now.
Welcome and good luck with it. These days I'm all tropical in my home but still try to make several visits to reefs in the wild every year. And believe me they need all the support they can get. Have to confess I find it disturbing when I visit a site I haven't been to for a while and compare yesterday's memories with today's reality.

Looking forward to the pics. Have seen several stunning nano reefs recently.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back