Back to black

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi ya Sean,

Am i right in thinking your 180 is Juwel rio?

Looking at upgrades and come across the 450. They any good? Build quality etc

Hi ya Sean,

Am i right in thinking your 180 is Juwel rio?

Looking at upgrades and come across the 450. They any good? Build quality etc

Dug this out @AquaBarb ..

General consensus seemed to be look at ND Aquatics?

Dug this out @AquaBarb ..

General consensus seemed to be look at ND Aquatics?
Your a star thank you :good:

I have messaged ND aquatics but not heard back from them yet which isnt the best of starts from them for me:/

Really like their tanks but struggling with lighting for a 6ft tank. Hence why i was looking at alternative tanks what had all the equipment With the deals.

I have messaged ND aquatics but not heard back from them yet which isnt the best of starts from them for me:/

Really like their tanks but struggling with lighting for a 6ft tank. Hence why i was looking at alternative tanks what had all the equipment With the deals.
Is a pendant light fitting an option for you?

With a length of 6 feet you'll find it hard to get a light which covers the entire length. You may need a few smaller tubes to give full width coverage. And fluorescent tubes are harder to find nowadays as they are being phased out.

I have these lights over my 180 litre tank

They come with plastic sleeves which enable them to be retrofit into fluorescent lamp holders. I don't use the sleeves as the tubes are held in place with clips fit into the lid. I'll take some photos after lunch to show what I mean.

Sorry to hijack your thread, @seangee but here are a couple of photos of how you can fit tubes into ND Aquatics lids

lights 1.JPG
lights 2.JPG

They put two strips running front to back under the fixed part of the lid. They did use plastic T8 clips but these tubes are between T8 and T5 so I replaced the plastic clips with metal ones which are more flexible than plastic and can fit any size tube.
The cables come out of one end of the tubes, I have them at the right hand side and they go out through the hole at the back of the hood.

Sorry to hijack your thread, @seangee but here are a couple of photos of how you can fit tubes into ND Aquatics lids

View attachment 129375View attachment 129376

They put two strips running front to back under the fixed part of the lid. They did use plastic T8 clips but these tubes are between T8 and T5 so I replaced the plastic clips with metal ones which are more flexible than plastic and can fit any size tube.
The cables come out of one end of the tubes, I have them at the right hand side and they go out through the hole at the back of the hood.
Thats very helpful thank you Essjay :)

Started shading over. Last time this plant was alive I used to trim all the floaters to keep it bushy at the bottom. This time around I'm letting it do its thing. Not bad for a plant I assumed was dead 6 months ago
20210224_165710146_iOS.jpg

Oh and its never done this before

20210224_165727621_iOS.jpg

I emailed them last summer regarding a custom tank and they’ve still not got back to me. I’m only 15 miles away. They must be rushed off their feet.

I emailed them last summer regarding a custom tank and they’ve still not got back to me. I’m only 15 miles away. They must be rushed off their feet.
Thats not good is it. Ive still not heard anything back either. Im looking for alternatives now. Seen the juwel tanks up close today which i liked

Started shading over. Last time this plant was alive I used to trim all the floaters to keep it bushy at the bottom. This time around I'm letting it do its thing. Not bad for a plant I assumed was dead 6 months ago
View attachment 129733
Oh and its never done this before

View attachment 129734
Looking good Sean. Are you missing the frobit? I thinned my water sprite out yesterday just a little and the difference in light in the tank was massive.

I bet you could certainly tell the difference when you took the frogbit out

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back