Back drops for fishtanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishy Finger

Reaction score
What sort of backdrops do you prefer on your fish tank, do you have a painted back to your fish tank (like in most aquarium shops), if so what colour do you think looks best and what paint do you use, or do you like the old fashioned picture backdrop, or just clear glass all round??

Fishey :hey:

for the best fish flatery (to make ur fish look there best) just use a plane deep blue background :)

I would love to have clear glass all the way around if room permitted, but a wallpaper backdrop don't look to good does it :lol: I bought the background sheet with pretty corals and the like on, having another look at it i noticed it has a superb dark fading to semi dark blue on the rear side. i will be turning it around asap.

I use black/dark blue construction paper and then switch it when it starts to fade.

I usually go with a dark blue or black to blue fade. These seem to complement the overall look of the tank, IMO. I have been thinking about a green backround with lots of red in the tank. In many theatrical dressing rooms, (my sister is in lots of off broadway plays) they try to set the rooms color depending on the lead actress's hair color. Blondes get blues, red heads get greens, brunettes, pretty much anything. Strange I know, but it works (I guess).

Mine is double sided. One side is black, and the other is blue (darker at the bottom, and slightly lighter at the top).

Usually, I use the blue side.

Most reactions

Back