Baby shrimp or bouncing poop?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok I have/had a berried shrimp. I dont see her right now and I'm unsure if I was watching a newly hatch shrimp trying to swim or poop....All I know is it was bouncing around in the gravel. What i have read they not supposed to move much when newly hatched....if this is true this one unique then or hyperactive lol. They are blue diamond shrimp. If theres one is there more? Will they stick around each other or spread out. how tiny are they when they hatch? How fast do they grow? Lol how do you do tank maintenance when they are size of their parents poop and if they dont move even can look like poop?I have them in a 10 gallon. 8 adults.

Are they white? If yes, its baby shrimp, they will spread out, but will hide until they feel safe enough. Do you have fish there?

Lol its very very very very tiny 1mm if that. I swear if it didnt move weirdly its poop. From what I read in a week or 2 it be easier to tell. Mama I think hiding but unsure. Theres 6 adults blue diamond/sapphires look almost the same.1. Jade and 1 tiger. I'm unsure why only 1 got berried. I hope the others arent all male.......

Lol its very very very very tiny 1mm if that. I swear if it didnt move weirdly its poop. From what I read in a week or 2 it be easier to tell. Mama I think hiding but unsure. Theres 6 adults blue diamond/sapphires look almost the same.1. Jade and 1 tiger. I'm unsure why only 1 got berried. I hope the others arent all male.......
It' a baby shrimp! Is it clear white? Just answer this question and I would tell you if you became a shrimp momma :D

Parents are blue diamonds. Not sure if that makes a difference? No its blue or brown and like I said it kind of hops and floats a bit then lands. I never saw poop do that. The mom had eggs for a while. I might look for her when I'm home but I try not to mess around with thus tank too much.

Parents are blue diamonds. Not sure if that makes a difference? No its blue or brown and like I said it kind of hops and floats a bit then lands. I never saw poop do that. The mom had eggs for a while. I might look for her when I'm home but I try not to mess around with thus tank too much.
Its a baby shrimp, it might have grown a bit.

Baby shrimp are typically clear, with 2 very small black dots.

If the bouncing poop was clear either, 1( You are a shrimp mama, or, 2( Your fish have a serious internal infection that is causing their poop to come alive and look like a baby shrimp. :rofl: :lol:

False alarm shes still berried. Not sure what the bouncing poop was. Shes doing well. I dint think this be a big batch of baby shrimp though when they do hatch. The adults are in a 29 gallon tank. Only 6 right now. Plenty of algae though on the plants and driftwood. Hopefully I get a slew of them one day.
1587597546861587464278068794362.jpg

Nice shrimp tank, I have ghost shrimp which just had two babies about a week and 1/2 ago and they grew pretty fast,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back