Baby Harlequin Rasboras??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It's not a baby, it's half grown. Baby fish are clear and hang out just under the surface of the water.

Breeding nets are better than breeding boxes because the nets have more room and better water flow. I probably wouldn't even bother with a net if the fish is half the size of the adults or bigger.

It is a bit skinny so try feeding a little more often (3 times a day). Do more water changes and gravel cleans to compensate for the extra food.

It's not a baby, it's half grown. Baby fish are clear and hang out just under the surface of the water.

Breeding nets are better than breeding boxes because the nets have more room and better water flow. I probably wouldn't even bother with a net if the fish is half the size of the adults or bigger.

It is a bit skinny so try feeding a little more often (3 times a day). Do more water changes and gravel cleans to compensate for the extra food.
I mean he's nowhere near half the size of the adults. He's maybe 1/8th of an inch? 1/4 is a stretch. I put him in a breeder box for now as he's bite-sized for my dwarf gourami. I've been giving him some brine shrimp separately from the other fish. I know the babies are free swimming after day 3 so I'd imagine he can't be more than a week or 2 old.

He looks very small, but I think what @Colin_T said above is correct. He's most likely a young juvenile and is only just beginning to show colour. Although having him in the breeder box is also a good thing as he won't be seen as food to your DG.

He looks very small, but I think what @Colin_T said above is correct. He's most likely a young juvenile and is only just beginning to show colour. Although having him in the breeder box is also a good thing as he won't be seen as food to your DG.
Thanks! I wonder how I missed him for so long lol. I'll leave him in there until he can defend himself.

I did not see my tetra fry until they were young juveniles, I still put then in a breeder box or they hid in hornwort I had floating in the tank. If you look at the picture you can see two waiting for me to feed them in the upper left corner. Over several months I would see one or two show up at a time. They also liked to hide under moss balls. I hope your little guy makes it. I had 14 total the grew to adulthood.

Attachments

• GEDC1222.JPG
    GEDC1222.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 45
You lucky duck!
Congratulations!

What a little sweetheart he is :wub::wub::wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back