Baby Ps. Msobo. :D

100_5902.jpg

Baby Ps. Mpanga and Msobo. :D

100_5901.jpg

Polit, Mpanga and Msobo. :wub:

100_5900.jpg

Thanks for looking. ;)

Goregous FM! :thumbs:

At that size do you keep them in the main tank or are they in a grow out tank??

I ask because at the moment I have two Metriaclima Estherae (sp) babies in a breeder box in my main tank. They are doing good but I will obviously need to move them at some point and I have no spare tank.

To make matters worse...I also have a Lab and a female Johanni who are both about to spit and nowhere to put them :crazy: .

I am just hoping to catch them at the right time so I can rescue as many fry as possible and put them in breeder boxes around the top of the tank to keep them away from hungry onwatchers!!

thanks and sorry for hijacking! :*)

steve

thebaldranger said:
Goregous FM! :thumbs:

At that size do you keep them in the main tank or are they in a grow out tank??

I ask because at the moment I have two Metriaclima Estherae (sp) babies in a breeder box in my main tank. They are doing good but I will obviously need to move them at some point and I have no spare tank.

To make matters worse...I also have a Lab and a female Johanni who are both about to spit and nowhere to put them :crazy: .

I am just hoping to catch them at the right time so I can rescue as many fry as possible and put them in breeder boxes around the top of the tank to keep them away from hungry onwatchers!!

thanks and sorry for hijacking! :*)

steve
Hey man. :) They are definitely in their own tank....they would never survive in the tank with the adult fish, so I have them in a 45.

As for the ones that are holding right now, that you wanna catch at the right time...depending on how long they have been holding for, I would try to catch them now, although that probably won't do you much good unless you have a seperate tank for them. :/ You can definitely try the breeder boxes for a while though...but I would suggest even getting a ten gallon for when they get cramped in the breeders. Good luck! :thumbs: :D

P.S. I assume you know how to strip fish.... :nod:

Sorry If this is a hijack but can you tell if my P. elongatus is a mpanga too?
(pm, and I could remove or whatever)

2005_0528Image0085.jpg

I love your fish, do you decorate all your fry tanks?

vantgE said:
Sorry If this is a hijack but can you tell if my P. elongatus is a mpanga too?
(pm, and I could remove or whatever)

2005_0528Image0085.jpg

I love your fish, do you decorate all your fry tanks?
No worries, I don't mind.... :D

...and yes, their full name is, Pseudotropheus sp. "elongatus mpanga" :)

I usually have bare fry tanks, but this tank will be keeping all of the fry in it, and it is a livingroom tank, so it may as well look good. :p

Here is the tank.

Attachments

• 100_5919.JPG
    100_5919.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 23
Oh man, that little yelow number is awesome.

You know Chris, For your sake I hope you have a good lock on your door because I may just let temptations get the best of me and go on a fish raid.

Then after you steal my fish, you can take me out for a beer.... :p :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back