Baby bunnies!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Our sweet mama bunny, Heidi, had 6 babies a few days ago! My sister and I raise Holland Lops, which is what these are. There are 3 Sable Points, 2 Black Torts, and 1 Blue Tort. If anyone else has pet bunnies, I would love to see photos!
03730C03-A8E8-4226-BCB6-52F5D16A2353.jpeg
588C6943-FDA1-4208-839C-6DC26FC5EC14.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s only 6 of them! Our other doe (a doe is a female rabbit) has 3 of her own babies, but we have to be very careful about washing our hands between handling the litters, so I couldn’t have both litters out at the same time

I did not know that! ?
I didn’t know it either until I started raising the rabbits, now we have to know like all the vocabulary, everything about their behavior, what color parents will produce what color babies and such

A male rabbit is a Buck, a female rabbit is a Doe, a baby rabbit is a kit, when they have their babies it’s called a “kindle”. It’s all very confusing, too many things to remember, until we got used to it and more experienced. One of the joys of homeschooling is having the time to do things like this:wub:

The other day ago in the front yard I almost ran over a litter with the mower. I stopped mowing the yard that day. The next day I guess the mother had moved them because they were gone from the hole in the ground. First time bunnies ever had there babies in my front yard before, Nature works in weird ways sometimes. We also have bird nest every where and the birds reuse them every year so we just leave them be.

The other day ago in the front yard I almost ran over a litter with the mower. I stopped mowing the yard that day. The next day I guess the mother had moved them because they were gone from the hole in the ground. First time bunnies ever had there babies in my front yard before, Nature works in weird ways sometimes. We also have bird nest every where and the birds reuse them every year so we just leave them be.
Wow! It’s a good thing you saw them! I think there was one time ever that a wild rabbit made a nest in our yard, but we have three large outdoor farm guardian dogs and unfortunately they got into the nest and killed two of the babies. The rabbits seem to have learned and never built a nest in our yard again

We have some bluebirds who make their nest in our little bird house every year, they usually hatch a nest in the spring and a nest in late summer.

I hate mowing the lawn because we have snakes, and nine times out of ten I don’t see it in the yard and I run it over.?. It’s both a mess to clean up and it’s so sad.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back