BABIES, BABIES, BABIES!!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lauraswan26

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Yay! My daughter's guppy (Violet)just gave birth last night! Unfortunately, we did not get home in time to save many (I think my betta girl got the most, she was all fat!). But we have 10, all healthy and swimming around and even eating, and are so excited! This is Athena's first batch of baby guppies (mine too!). Wish us luck! Anything you think we should know, or any suggestions you have will be much appreciated! :fish:

Yaaay for babies! :-

It sounds like you have already isolated them, is that right?

If so then well done :thumbs: the only thing I would add is that for feeding I think they love live brine shrimp, so if you can get hold of some they will thank you for it!

:D :D :D YEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEY!!!!! :D :D :D

Babies...how exciting....!

Good luck with watching them grow..!!

yup, they're isolated. They're awful cute! I have a brine shrimp hatchery, but in the time before they hatch, is that liquid fry food the sell (Wardley Small Fry liquid food) okay for them? I assume it is, and have fed them that and also some regular crushed flakes, which they're taking just fine.

:p

Congratulations

liquid fry for the first week or so plus baby brine shrimp and really finely crushed flake ( regular and veggie ) are all good.

Feed small but often - they only have little tummies but big appetities. If you can manage every couple of hours go for it - they will grow quickly that way. Remeber the golden rule - do lot leave lots of food to rot,

best wishes

Colin

:rolleyes:

my guppy had babies and i only found 1 then it died then she had 17 and 3 died then 3 more were just born now i have 17 of them

our other guppy girl had babies last night. Unfortunately, I didn't know she was in labor, so there were none that I could see this morning... :no: She's what the guy at the petstore called a "super guppy", and is significantly bigger, and her gravid spot didn't get as big as I was expecting, so I truly didn't realize she was anywhere near close!!! Well, I know for next month, right? But the initial ten from the other night are doin' awesome! yay! :fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back