b

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
That's nice. I picked up 5 little pygmaeus last week and have them in QT. They are in great shape so far. I had habrosus breeding like mad a few years ago, and I want to enjoy these little Corys in the same way. It's dead easy to find stores willing to buy the little Corys - any Corys, really.

That's nice. I picked up 5 little pygmaeus last week and have them in QT. They are in great shape so far. I had habrosus breeding like mad a few years ago, and I want to enjoy these little Corys in the same way. It's dead easy to find stores willing to buy the little Corys - any Corys, really.

Yes! It's not hard to find homes for these guys, luckily! And it means I can be picky about who I home them to. I ask if they can show me their set up, what they plan to keep them in/with etc first, and I negotiate prices lower if they'll have a group, rather than charging store prices for individuals, stressing out social they are. Like if they agree to buy six, I'll bump it to eight for free. Both so the fish have a nice group size in their new home, and because I have so many of them and need to lower the stocking! lol.

C. hasbrosus are the dwarf cory I want next! Adorable little dudes. Pygmies are still my favourite at the moment, but I haven't kept hasbrosus yet, so that might change my mind. :D Congrats on your new pygmies!! I hope they do as well for you as mine are. You know what you're doing though, so I have no doubts there!

I learned how to take a video, got a short video of them and now uploading it to youtube, which I've never done before! It's processing now.

After three months of steady ROing I‘ll soon to be going all in on little fish suitable to softer water than my liquid rock. Pygmy Corys are top of the list. I would’ve bought some from you a few months back when I was over your way if I’d known you were deluged with them.
Then Rosy Loaches and Scarlet Badis to follow.

After three months of steady ROing I‘ll soon to be going all in on little fish suitable to softer water than my liquid rock. Pygmy Corys are top of the list. I would’ve bought some from you a few months back when I was over your way if I’d known you were deluged with them.
Then Rosy Loaches and Scarlet Badis to follow.
If you're ever swinging this way again, You can have a group for free! I don't charge friends. :)

Since the tank is well planted with hiding places and the pygmies tend to venture out in groups rather than the whole lot of them, I can't get an accurate head count for how many there are in total without tearing the tank down and catching them all. I tend to rehome some youngsters in batches of six-eight every now and then when I think the tank is getting overstocked, but the water has been staying good with twice weekly 60-75% W/C's. At the moment the tank also houses eight otos, two guppies and three pseudomugli.
Today I stuck a small internal filter in there as a temporary measure to keep it cycled while I tear down a different tank. The pygmies (and otos) are enjoying playing in the flow so much that I think they've all come out, and there's easily 40 or more pygmy cories in there! That's even with my rehoming several batches only a couple of months ago. Will try to get a video later, but some pretty blurry photos for now.
View attachment 168329View attachment 168330View attachment 168331View attachment 168332View attachment 168333View attachment 168334View attachment 168335View attachment 168336View attachment 168337View attachment 168338
View attachment 168340View attachment 168341View attachment 168342
Wow! I love pygmy cories. My dream fish. :)

Μaybe it needs some timming.... or maybe not :devil:
1665769325673.png

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back