Livestock: axolotl babies
Quantity for sale: more than 10
Reason for Sale: need space
Delivery or Collection: collection only
Sales price: 4 month old babies £4 each: 2 month babies £2 each
Postage & Packaging:No
Photograph: See below

Hi

I have some axolotl babies measuring in at between 50mm and 90mm.

They are eating frozen bloodworm and pellets and the largest ones are attempting chopped earthworms.

Mum, Kylie, is a golden albino

kylietiny.jpg

Kylie golden albino mum

Dad, Mike, is an olive green wild type.

miketiny.jpg

Mike - my only male

I have both wild type and golden albino babies on offer, promising some great colouration and markings.

100_2306.jpg

100_2310.jpg

100_2307.jpg

100_2312.jpg

100_2309.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2304.jpg

100_2308.jpg

100_2298.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2302.jpg

100_2303.jpg

ga002.jpg

ga007.jpg

ga003.jpg

ga004.jpg

ga005.jpg

Collection only from Skelmersdale in Lancashire (WN8 9AB)

£4 each

Please don't ask me to post.

I also have some 2 month old axolotl babies for sale. (no pictures) These come from dad, Mike, and leucistic mother, Blade. They are slightly paler than the wild type babies pictured above, they are around 30mm in length and they are eating freshly hatched brine shrimp only.

bladetiny.jpg

Blade

£2 each

Again, please don't ask me to post.

Please only respond to this ad if you have fully researched axolotls and are confident of raising them to adults.

Find out more about axolotls from my page HERE. (work in progress)

Or HERE

Thank You​

Livestock: axolotl babies, larvae and eggs
Quantity for sale: more than 10
Reason for Sale: need space
Delivery or Collection: will deliver eggs but babies and larvae are collection only
Sales price: 3 month old babies £3 each: 5 week old larvae 3 for £5: 12 eggs £6 collected or £8.50 posted to UK mainland address
Postage & Packaging:Included in £8.50
Photograph: See below

hi, we live in preston and are intrested in your axolotl babies, would we be able to come over in a evening?

thanks

Hi

I have some 3 month old axolotl babies measuring in at between 35mm and 45mm (just short of 2").

The biggest babies are already using their back legs.

They are still eating freshly hatched brine shrimp but they are being weaned onto frozen bloodworm.
They are about a week away from trying sinking pellets.

Mum, Kylie, is a golden albino

kylietiny.jpg

Kylie golden albino mum

Dad, Mike, is an olive green wild type.

miketiny.jpg

Mike - my only male

I have both wild type and golden albino babies on offer, promising some great colouration and markings.

100_2306.jpg

100_2310.jpg

100_2307.jpg

100_2312.jpg

100_2309.jpg

100_2311.jpg

100_2304.jpg

100_2308.jpg

100_2298.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2302.jpg

100_2303.jpg

Collection only from Skelmersdale in Lancashire (WN8 9AB)

£3 each

Please don't ask me to post.

If you fancy a challenge I also have some 5 week old axolotl larvae for sale. (no pictures) These come from dad, Mike, and leucistic mother, Blade.
They are still eating freshly hatched brine shrimp only.
bladetiny.jpg

Blade

3 for £5

Again, please don't ask me to post.

I also have some axolotl eggs for sale. You can choose between these:

eggs110510.jpg

gilbittiny.jpg

Gilbit leucistic mum

Laid by Gilbit on May 9th and hatching between Sunday 23rd and Friday 28th May.

or

eggs laid this morning by Kylie (no picture) which should hatch between May 28th and June 4th.

12 eggs for £6
collected

or

12 eggs for £8.50
includes next day delivery to UK mainland.

Please only respond to this ad if you have a source of live food ready (preferably freshly hatched brine shrimp)
and you are either an experienced owner or,
you have fully researched axolotls and are confident of raising them to adults.

Find out more about axolotls from my page HERE. (work in progress)

Thank You​

Hi LuceJayne123,

Thanks for your interest. You are welcome over any evening between say 5 o'clock and 9 o'clock if that's ok. I will PM my details.

Regards
Ron.

hope you dont mind the free bump and comment but there absolutly facinating! i saw one in my fish shop once but never knew what it was called would love some of these one day:)

sorry to kind of hijack but really there are stunning :good:

Ash

You're more than welcome to hijack my thread with nice axolotl comments Ash. It was their looks that first attracted me but having kept them, for just over a year now, I can say hand on heart that the best thing about them is their character. They watch everyone all the time, coming up to the glass to have a better look when someone is doing something near them. I have a couple of very greedy girls that scoot around gobbling pellets up before the other 2 have a chance at them and a male that rags earthworms, like a dog with a rope. I could go on and on...they fascinate me also.

Ron.

sound like a gerat pet to have may have to research them now :good:

ash

out of curiousity sake....how do you care for them? tank size? stats? food....you know, the basics....I can't find anyone around me who knows anything about them!!

out of curiousity sake....how do you care for them? tank size? stats? food....you know, the basics....I can't find anyone around me who knows anything about them!!

Hi Jenste, everything you will ever need to know about axolotls can be found HERE.

But very briefly:
* axolotls are an endangered species in the wild.
* they are a type mexican mole salamander.
* they are neotenous, which means they remain fully aquatic throughout their life.
* they live in cold water between 16 and 20 degrees Celsius.
* In captivity they have been known to grow to 45 centimetres but 30cm (1ft) is more usual.
* they have been known to live for over 20 years in captivity. 10-20 years is quite normal.

A basic setup for one axolotl would be a 2ft tank with an internal filter fitted with a spray bar (they don't like a current). Substrate should be sand, slate bed or left bare. They need rocks, caves, tunnels and plants for cover. They do not like strong light. Keeping them cool throughout summer, or in a centrally heated house can be a challenge. They are sensitive to chlorine and if your local authority use chloramine, it will eventually kill them, so a dechlorinator/dechloraminator is absolutely essential. They need a weekly 25% water change and they eat a staple diet of live earthworms with some frozen bloodworm and sinking pellets given as a supplement to provide a little variety. I've heard a rough rule of thumb is 1 axolotl per 10 gallons of water but I'd say 1 axolotl in a 2ft tank, 2-3 in a 3ft tank and 4-5 axolotls maximum in a 4ft tank. Full grown axolotls can foul their water quickly so it's not just about the footprint of the tank.

Ron.

I wish you lived closer :( a 6+ hour round trip would be a bit much.

Hi dipsydoodlenoodle.

Don't you fancy raising axolotls from eggs?
It's really quite easy, all you need is a source of dechlorinated water and some brine shrimp.

See HERE.

I still have some eggs from Kylie, my golden albino, fathered by Mike, my big fella,
expected to hatch sometime between May 28 and June 4th,

mikkyl.jpg

or

eggs from Gilbit, my leucistic female, again fathered by Mike,
expected to hatch sometime between May 23rd and May 28th,

mikegil.jpg

Just

£8.50
please

for 12 eggs

Price includes 1st class, next working day postage
to UK mainland.

PM me for PayPal details

Also available through eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd rather have a pre-hatched egg (i.e. a young axolotl). My main problem with the eggs are what if they all hatch and survive? I wouldn't want to get rid of them :( lol

Very good point dipsydoodlenoodle and loads of respect for your attitude. I usually sell eggs in batches of 12 because you almost certainly find 1 or 2 don't hatch and then you typically lose 2 or 3 larvae in the first couple of weeks, no matter how well you think you have cared for them.

However, that still leaves about 8 larvae that have the potential to become 1ft long adults, living for up to 20 years. Anyone buying eggs should think about this. You do get attached and to keep 8 axolotls you really would need a second 4ft tank about 12 months down the line.

I've given a few babies to family and friends and I've also sold quite a few. You would be surprised how far some people will travel, though I agree 6+ hours is pushing it a bit...lol. As a last resort I know a couple of responsible LFS's that will take a few off me but the temptation to try to rehome them without LFS assistance is great. I'm looking to buy one of those concrete garages because I'm going to need more space soon ;o)

Ron.

You will get more attached as well if you have hatched them and had them grow and become big and strong on you.

For your prices I would have taken one but it's not fair on the axolotl to do the drive home :(.

I do hope you manage to sell them.

:good:

BUMP!

All Gilbit's eggs have gone now thank you.
Kylies eggs going fast.
Only about a dozen golden albino babies left.
Plenty of wild type babies left.

Thank You

Please could you post again when you have more eggs from your olive wild-type?

I have 3 axolotls myself all around 12 months old and am looking for an olive green wild-type to join the group :)
Your axies are gorgeous and it's reassuring to know I'm not cramping up my guys - there's a lot of conflicting advice on the net about axolotls, but I keep mine in a 4ft tank with sand substrate, bogwood and silk plants and they eat earthworms. They certainly seem happy enough and smile all the time :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back