Axelrodis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I got some questions.

1. Were are some sites for some good info on them ?

2. How big of a tank do you need

3. Are they hard to care for

4. Do you have to pic them up in a special kinda way. I have seen pics and some look like they have pointy spikes or somthing.

I tried searching "axelrodis" in google but haven't got much of the "axelrodis" I want. Could u tell me what it is exactly or can u find a picture of it?

I've seen an Axolotles today at a pet shop. It's white, with 4 little legs, just like an tadpole but of course it's not a tadpole. Very cute indeed. However, I can't find any information on it when searching with googles as well.

Axelrodis. Nom commun : cardinalis, néon cardinalis, tétra cardinal, néon rouge... So thats not what your looking for a neon tetra

Feline is correct, I think below is what you are looking for...Hope this helps :/

Ambystoma mexicanum or know as Axolotles ........

Physical Characteristics
These newt-like amphibians are generally black or dark brown with black spots, although albinos are common. The legs and feet are small and weak. There are three pairs of feathery gills on the sides of the head. The tail is long with a fin running from the back of the head to the tail and along the underside of the tail.
Size of average adult
length: 4 - 7 inches
Diet
Wild: worms, tadpoles, insect larva, crustaceans and wounded fish
Behavior
Aggressive toward one another: will bite off each others gills, feet, tails
Body parts will regenerate
Reproduction
sexual maturity reached in the larval stage
male deposits a sperm packet called a spermataphore
female settles over it and picks it up with her cloaca
she lays 200-600 eggs which she attaches to plants with her back legs
eggs hatch in two to three weeks but remain attached to plants
at two weeks of age they begin swimming in search of food

picture link

http://www.rieo.net/amph/saramand/imori/am...amby/mexica.htm

I am not sure. But, if you search under the SIENTIFIC NAME :Ambystoma mexicanum you will get several results back on this topic :thumbs:

Thanks for the information, Crusty!

Those axolotles r amazing creatures! :alien: But my tank will be way too small for them coz even for now it's getting a bit overcrowded already. I guess I'll have to dump the idea then :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back