Awesome shark pictures

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I see sharks as the dogs of the ocean.
I've seen videos where they literally are enjoying being pet or "ask" to be pet.
Yah, they have huge teeth and jaws that are menacing but their chill for the most part if their not viewing you as a threat.
Most attacks are them seeing someone as a seal. Cause when someone is on a surf board they look like that
Sharks are apex predators. You are actually better off them viewing you as a threat. But I get what you are saying. Just not worded the right way. ;)

Sharks are apex predators. You are actually better off them viewing you as a threat. But I get what you are saying. Just not worded the right way. ;)
Yah. I definitely respect them and have a healthy fear. I'm definitely not gonna swim up to one like: "awwww come here sea puppy" 😂😂

I was in Cape May, NJ one year and went to the beach after the lifeguards left and that's when all the fisherman come out to play.
Watched a research team catching sharks and got within inches of their catches. It was so cool to see. I forget why they were catching the sharks. I just knew it was cool.

I was in Cape May, NJ one year and went to the beach after the lifeguards left and that's when all the fisherman come out to play.
Watched a research team catching sharks and got within inches of their catches. It was so cool to see. I forget why they were catching the sharks. I just knew it was cool.
Probably tagging them for research

Sharks are truly scary. They are real life monsters that are out there in the water and not in your imagination. I love shark movies because it could be real except Ghost Shark. Actually that was a good movie. Richard Moll saved it.
The thing that is frightening about sharks is that they are perfect for their environment and we're inadequate in it to the point of helplessness.
I once met a guy who would travel to Nepal to take pictures of tigers. He said that tigers really weren't interested in eating humans because we just don't have that much meat on us. It's the same thing with sharks. Sharks use a lot of energy so they need to eat foods with a lot of oils or fat to burn (like fish or seals). Humans don't have a high amount of either. So we're not a good meal for them. Very rarely predators like tigers or sharks will go after people. But in those rogue cases, there's usually some kind of injury that prevents them from predating on their usual prey.
Sharks usually only attack people for pretty specific reasons; The human provoked them, they didn't know what the human was so they took a bite to figure it out, or they might see the human as a competing predator.

The thing that is frightening about sharks is that they are perfect for their environment and we're inadequate in it to the point of helplessness.
I once met a guy who would travel to Nepal to take pictures of tigers. He said that tigers really weren't interested in eating humans because we just don't have that much meat on us. It's the same thing with sharks. Sharks use a lot of energy so they need to eat foods with a lot of oils or fat to burn (like fish or seals). Humans don't have a high amount of either. So we're not a good meal for them. Very rarely predators like tigers or sharks will go after people. But in those rogue cases, there's usually some kind of injury that prevents them from predating on their usual prey.
Sharks usually only attack people for pretty specific reasons; The human provoked them, they didn't know what the human was so they took a bite to figure it out, or they might see the human as a competing predator.
Most shark bites are mostly test nibbles as when we are out in the open, we look like food. But we don't taste like food so they stop biting us.

I mean, most likely. I just don't know what kind of research. Wish I could have helped out though. That would have been awesome.
Probably location trackers so that they can see where the shark travels to. I have the Ocearch Global Tracker app on my phone that shares that data. You can see on a map where a particular shark has been tracked. For example, I'm looking at a great white shark that they tagged and named Hali. They tagged her at Nova Scotia (her name is short for Halifax). Since then she has traveled up and down the east coast. They last pinged her off the coast of South Carolina on Feb 19.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back