Aw-Oh...leak

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

It is not child’s play for everyone. It is actually more expensive to buy silicon, than it would be to buy a new 10g at the $ per gallon sale at PetCo.
It's more about getting used to fixing tanks say if a larger tank like a 90g or even a 75g needs a reseal easier to learn the basics now then later. It's really not that hard too

If I want a new 10 gallon tank, Walmart sells a 10 gallon Aquaculture tank for $15 delivered to my door. Why mess with resiliconing a leaking tank, when a brand new tank is so cheap. The old tank is now in hundreds of pieces as I broke it up with a sledge hammer to fit it in the trash barrel.

It's more about getting used to fixing tanks say if a larger tank like a 90g or even a 75g needs a reseal easier to learn the basics now then later. It's really not that hard too
I concur. I would definitely fix a big tank (Ex. 29, 75 or 90g or larger) up, because it would be a lot more expensive to buy a complete new one. But for a 10g? The silicon will cost around $10. It would just be better to buy a new tank in this case. (Just because of the size. IMO, if it’s smaller than 10 gallons, just buy a new one.)

If I want a new 10 gallon tank, Walmart sells a 10 gallon Aquaculture tank for $15 delivered to my door. Why mess with resiliconing a leaking tank, when a brand new tank is so cheap. The old tank is now in hundreds of pieces as I broke it up with a sledge hammer to fit it in the trash barrel.
This is a good idea. ^

You don’t even have to leave home and just for $15. That’s a good deal. :)

Academic now. I'm a DIY type and for $4.28 of silicone and a hour or so, that 10g coulda been good as brand new. (since I have silicone I on the shelf it would have just been the time).

Academic now. I'm a DIY type and for $4.28 of silicone and a hour or so, that 10g coulda been good as brand new. (since I have silicone I on the shelf it would have just been the time).
So for $11 more and with no mess or fuss i could have a professionally made new tank delivered to my door.

So for $11 more and with no mess or fuss i could have a professionally made new tank delivered to my door.
Do you have a mat or styro foam under the fish tank? i had the same problem where it just leak out of no where

Last edited:
It was on a well supported end table with 3/4 inch wide pine board underneath the tank. It was fine for 3 years till it ended up with a small leak.

I think Barry Tetra means - was it a flat bottomed tank or a floating bottom tank? If it was flat bottomed tank it would need a foam or polystyrene mat between the tank bottom and the board.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back