Automatic Feeders

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nik

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good auto feeder. I have tried 2 (The Nutramatic and The Fishmate). With both examples I have had problems with the food going damp with condensation.

Need some pointers or a different design??? :/

Hi Nik

I havent tried automatic feeders before so i have no personal experience with them but check out this on line aquatic eb site i'm sure i seen automatic feeders that are driven by an air pump to keep the flake food crisp and dry.

My Webpage

I'd go with the Eheim. I use it and it has worked fine. Sometimes you can find these on ebay at a pretty good price. I think I paid like $20-$25.

I hear the ones at PetSmart are good but I think they are only on this side of the pond. Called the Proquatics Mixo or some such.

But the Eheim is a nice little unit with lots of features.

Cheers all - thanks for the onfo and references.

Update: Binned all the nutramatics and have added airlines into the fishmates. All is looking good so far. :D

arg i wish i was your bin man i could have used it for the alge pellets (not so prone to moisture) also i think your sposed to put the feeder over the cutout sections at the back of the tankif you have them thease days i see they changed the style of hoods.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back