🐶 POTM Aussie_Bristle November 2019 Pet of the Month Winner!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
November 2019 Pet of the Month Contest
We had 5 super cute pets entered in the POTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is..:band:

:hooray:

Aussie_Bristle

Let's all congratulate Aussie_Bristle and her awesome parakeet
"BABY"
:drinks:

Here is her photo and description of her budgie "BABY"

69cc8d4e-ff36-483b-9ae9-f841c587ee82-jpeg.95145

This is Baby my eldest girls beautiful little male budgie. She got him when he was 10 days out of the nest, his brothers and sisters were beautiful coloured sky blues and yellow and he was this little shy runty little bird. But she wanted him regardless.

As time went on he seemed to be a bit on the clumsy side, falling on his face and not being able to fly but we thought maybe he was just a little late bloomer. It wasn’t until he started chipping his beak when he would fall, couldn’t fly and when running in a straight line he was running like he had a few drinks under his belt we got him check and found he was a little special needs baby. I was so surprised as I’ve never heard of this but never changed the love for him.

The most special bond is the love between Ruby my pit bull and him. He will follow her around everywhere, nibble on her whiskers and give her nose kisses and she absolutely loves it. She is so gentle and amazing with him, she is such a little blessing!

His favourite foods are his seeds, watercress and celery, He lloves snuggles and kisses and with the other 5 birds in the aviary he still stands his ground regardless of his disability. He also loves getting pushed around with his siblings in the washing basket and trolley in the garden and playing in the grass. You could say he’s one of a kind! X

Congrats to Aussie_Bristle for winning POTM for November. Your parakeet is super cute and your photo with "Baby" nibbling on your dog Ruby is priceless. A well deserved win! You will soon be awarded a "Pet of the Month Winner" banner in your profile area.

All the pets in this contest were unique and awesome. The quality of the photos posted by all entrants were outstanding. As our cameras and phones keep improving, the image quality of entries in our contests get better and better.

For those who didn't enter or didn't win, I hope you will enter our January Pet of the Month contest.

Next up will be our Tank of the Month contest. Take a pic or video of your tank and be ready to enter. It will start in just a few days.

In mid December, we will be running our Fish of the Month contest. For this contest, we will be featuring Angelfish only. So if you have an Angelfish, I hope you will enter December's FOTM contest.

Last edited:
Congrats Aussie_Bristle! What an incredible photo, very cute!

Who says Pitbulls are aggressive and dangerous. Here' a perfect example of how gentle Pitbulls can be if trained properly. Sure...if that pitbull wanted to, he could swallow that budgie in one fell swoop. But the two of them are buddies. What a great photo!

Last edited:
A lovely picture and the background story makes it even more beautiful.
CONGRATULATIONS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Naw thank you guys. Appreciate it. I wanted to give everyone a vote too as they were all beautiful photos.

Pitbulls like Tia Torres says they are the most misunderstood breed. My girl is my baby, she is the most beautiful, gentle hearted girl out. She’s very much a lover not a fighter that’s for sure!And Baby my daughter budgie he is just his own little creation, such a sweetheart.
Thank you again x

What a beautiful and sweet picture of a bird and his pitbull!

We call them parakeets in the US but true parakeets are much larger birds, so yeah the proper term is budgie. We used to get the larger English budgie here in America but now all I see are the smaller (and much shorter lived) American budgies.

Having had birds for most of my life I've had a couple of very social and outgoing (English) budgies. One used to love to feed our dog popcorn by taking it out of the bowl, and dropping it off the side of the sofa. At one point my dog met the budgie before she could drop the popcorn and ever so gently removed it from her beak. The parakeet just went into a major hissy fit - the dog had obviously "violated" the rules of the game by not letting her drop the popcorn. She walked in circles on the sofa screaming and hissing at the dog - who felt really bad about it. She refused to feed the dog again. They are quite brazen and opinionated little birds (and quite noisy). They also hold the guiness book of world records for number of words spoken by a bird (about 1000) - so we think the larger talkers like my African Grey can out talk a budgie but he probably only knows about 100 words and phrases. He does mix words all the time and even makes up his own words for things - something I doubt a budgie could do. . Budgies little voices are really hard to understand - they speak so fast and at such a high pitch - so I have no idea how they counted 1000 words. But it's an official record. None of mine ever talked but I think that's because I always had at least 2 and they tend to ignore human voices when they have each other.

Congratulations to the winner!

Who say's Pitbulls are aggressive and dangerous. Here' a perfect example of how gentle Pitbulls can be if trained properly. Sure...if that pitbull wanted to, he could swallow that budgie in one fell swoop. But the two of them are buddies. What a great photo!
My oldest daughter had a Pit Bull for eleven years until he passed away just very recently. The gentlest dog I've ever known. He would nuzzle their two cats and was as gentle as you would ever want around my four granddaughters. We called him a Puss Bull.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back