Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
December 2019 Tank of the Month Contest
We had 5 super nice tanks entered in a very competitive TOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is.......................:band:

:hooray:
Aussie_Bristle
Let's all congratulate Ange
:drinks:
Here is her tank and its description

b50404d9-31c7-4a76-8f9c-fc256ab9c166-jpeg.95299

THE FAIRY GARDEN

TANK & SETUP

103L x 46W x 62H, 263.8L/77.6G(US)

Filters are AquaOne Nautilus 2700UVC & an AquaOne Maxi 102F internal filter that runs the air filter. The lighting includes a 10.0 UVB fluorescent light and a PetWorx 36W blue/clear LED light. Heater is a 200W AquaOne that sits around 24 - 26 degrees.

FISH

9 x Swordtails

8 x Goldfish

3 x Empire Gudgeons

11 x Corys ( 3 x bronze, 5 x albino, 3 x pepper)

2 x Chinese algae eaters

1 x Siamese flying fox

2 x Bristlenose (1 x albino and 1 x peppermint)

7 x Rosy barbs

They eat a range of everything. Pisces tropical flakes, Tetra freezer dried bloodworms, sinking algae waffles and frozen bloodworms. I also add a variety of fruits and veggies 2 times a week eg. Rockmelon, cucumber and zucchini.The goldfish and the algae eaters go crazy for it.

PLANTS AND SUBSTRATE

There is a range of Val, Elodea, ambulia (sticks now) & Hornwort (also sticks from the goldfish eating the leaves) that bed in a flooring of Riversand. Ihave Calgrit mixed in the riversand to help with the PH level and also calcium. No fertiliser is used.

PARAMETERS

PH: sits around 7.0 - 7.5

Ammonia. 0.0

Nitrate: 20-40ppm

Nitrite: 0.0

GH: 180ppm

KH: 40ppm

I do a water change every 1-2 weeks and condition with Seachem prime every water change or when needed. Cleaning is done every few days via net and a non scratch sponge. I also run my fingers through the substrate to help filter the debris. I also test the water with an API test kit.

Last edited:
Congratulation to Aussie_Bristle for winning Tank of the Month. That is a super nice 77 gallon tank with lots of happy fishies and many nice plants. :fish: :fish: Ange will soon receive a "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in her profile area.

For those who didn't enter or those who entered but didn't win, we hope you will enter a future Tank of the Month Contest. The interest in our contests has been growing. Your participation is what allows these contests to exist and thrive. We at Fishforums thank you for your participation.

PS: Our Fish of the Month contest has just been started. This month we will feature Angelfish in the contest. If you have an Angelfish in your household, we hope you will enter the FOTM contest. The entry period is only for 5 days, so enter NOW!. You can visit the entry thread here: https://www.fishforums.net/threads/...h-of-the-month-contest-angelfish-only.455409/

Last edited:
Naw guys this is so overwhelming. Thank you so much, I would have prepared my speech if I knew I was going to win. ;)

No on all serious note, I am very surprised I did win with the beautiful tanks I was up against, they were all amazing. Thank you heaps to the ppl who voted for me :*

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back