Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglesaquarium

Life, Liberty & Pursuit of the perfect fish tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Its that time again.  Voting will begin 00:00:00 on 15 August 2013 GMT.  May the best fish win!

O7J4i7rh.jpg

2r28vo8.jpg

9321481450_d4a31713c1_b.jpg

AwesomeBetta_zps6dda63d4.jpg

mollie1_zps7ab205eb.jpg

null_zpscd4ebf75.jpg

2130eaf4-8a72-4ba3-a7d9-b266f560e265_zpsdd405696.jpg

IMAG0092_zps748d8168.jpg

Seahorses5_zps3bdfbac4.jpg

FotmAug162_zps7a7c5852.jpg

f816.jpg

I'm just wondering??.... What was wrong with the Reddsam entry of the beautifull Pearl Gouramie???..... Seemed legitimate to me??..... (why was it not included in the voting polls??)

#3 ReddSam

Fish Fanatic
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

zuo0g8.jpg

2jahnjt.jpg

He entered his ram in place #2 instead, guess he decided against the gourami although it is an excellent specimen!!

Thought id change it as i cant seem to get a decent pic of my P.gourami that has a good contrast and shows his orange nicely

That's a beautiful Pearl G Reddsam, you should enter that one next month.

Try using lower light, or specifically diffused light to make the colors stand out more naturally.  Too much light can make the colors seem as if they're on an operating table, taking away the "glow."  That particular male has a nice shape and he's still very young, wait 'til he's more mature and he develops the fringes on his fins!   

ReddSam said:
Thought id change it as i cant seem to get a decent pic of my P.gourami that has a good contrast and shows his orange nicely
iegrat.jpg

From your image, some basic cropping can turn a "meh" image into an IOTM ?

Ruskull said:
That's a beautiful Pearl G Reddsam, you should enter that one next month.

Try using lower light, or specifically diffused light to make the colors stand out more naturally.  Too much light can make the colors seem as if they're on an operating table, taking away the "glow."  That particular male has a nice shape and he's still very young, wait 'til he's more mature and he develops the fringes on his fins!   
Thanks, i will do i also have some really nice pictures of my BN Plec too so im going to have to fight between them haha.
thanks for the info ill try that, only using the camera on my phone so i haven't got many options to adjust.

DreamertK said:

iegrat.jpg

From your image, some basic cropping can turn a "meh" image into an IOTM ?
Nice, cropping didn't even cross my mind for some reason

rofl.gif
  For some reason I'm really drawn to my own cropping of your picture. I'd totally vote for it.

It's just so...alluring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back