Attempted pics of psuedomugli luminatus/red neon rainbow fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, I've lost one of the male pseudos :( I don't know what happened, I was doing maintenance the other day and they were all there, but today, I only have one male and two females. Really bummed about it, I love these fish and was realy hoping to breed them. Either he jumped down the back while the lid was off and I was messing with buckets and filters, or he passed away and was eaten by the pygmies/guppies before I could find a body.
So I'm thinking of trying to spawn them, since if the other male jumps, that's it.

I've been feeding lots of live and frozen foods, pygmies are spawning like mad in the same tank, but nothing from the rainbows. Should I try separating the male and conditioning them separately, then putting them together in my 22g and using that as a spawning tank? Like the method described in the pinned thread for egg scatterers?

Well, I've lost one of the male pseudos :( I don't know what happened, I was doing maintenance the other day and they were all there, but today, I only have one male and two females. Really bummed about it, I love these fish and was realy hoping to breed them. Either he jumped down the back while the lid was off and I was messing with buckets and filters, or he passed away and was eaten by the pygmies/guppies before I could find a body.
So I'm thinking of trying to spawn them, since if the other male jumps, that's it.

I've been feeding lots of live and frozen foods, pygmies are spawning like mad in the same tank, but nothing from the rainbows. Should I try separating the male and conditioning them separately, then putting them together in my 22g and using that as a spawning tank? Like the method described in the pinned thread for egg scatterers?
So sorry for your loss Belle... I wonder what went wrong :(

They're so fast! I'm not a great photographer to begin with, but it's even harder with tiny and very fast fish! But I tried :lol:
@Rocky998 promised to bombard with photos! @Colin_T hoped you'd take a look too. :)Here's the tank they're in at the moment, with the pygmy cories, otos and two male guppies.
View attachment 166005
View attachment 166000
View attachment 166001View attachment 166002View attachment 166003View attachment 166006View attachment 166007View attachment 166008View attachment 166009View attachment 166010View attachment 166012View attachment 166014View attachment 166015View attachment 166017View attachment 166018
I. Love. Them. Must. Have..... :oh:

So sorry for your loss Belle... I wonder what went wrong :(
They're good jumpers, apparently, so it's very likely that I spooked him while messing around in the tank. :(
They've all looked really healthy and swimming around together, even approaching at mealtimes since they recognise my fingers at the water means food, but they are a tiny and easily spooked fish.

Water is testing great, cories are happy and spawning, and no sign of illness or disease anywhere, so jumping is the more likely guess, but might never know.

They're good jumpers, apparently, so it's very likely that I spooked him while messing around in the tank. :(
They've all looked really healthy and swimming around together, even approaching at mealtimes since they recognise my fingers at the water means food, but they are a tiny and easily spooked fish.

Water is testing great, cories are happy and spawning, and no sign of illness or disease anywhere, so jumping is the more likely guess, but might never know.
Hm... Could have jumped I suppose but I would expect to find a body somewhere around the tank...
I wish I could. My LFS don't have them. T_T T_T
Maybe they don't but "The Wet Spot" does

I wish I could. My LFS don't have them. T_T T_T
They would if you ordered them... ;)
I'm lucky, my LFS has quite a few psuedos, and really good lighting that makes colours really pop! I'll be investing in a really good light for my rainbow tank once it's up and going, and if I can save up the pennies for it! Those really good lights do make a difference. :D
Hm... Could have jumped I suppose but I would expect to find a body somewhere around the tank...
Not if he went down the back. Then he'd be behind the cabinet that the tank is resting on, and I won't find him unless and until I move it out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back